Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So wanting a p99 grip extension to drop over the fullsize mag to give a full length grip to the compact for a better grip and to prevent over insertion of a fullsize mag from breaking off the ejector I took a bit of my time off work to do some crafting...

Now my question is would you buy one or more of them and if so how many?  There was way too much labor involved with making my prototype to make more by hand, however if I can get a rough idea of how many people would buy them, I might try to have a mold made and duplicate it.  

Currently I have it shaped to fit over both a sw99 mag and a p99 mag. I like just leaving it loose as a slip on device but could secure it with some double sided tape or a dab of rtv for a permanent installation.

Making a wild guess on the price without knowing how many I'd sell to recover my costs lets say they'd be $15 each or 2 for $25.   If I can sell some I can probably have some out by the end of the month it seems like.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes I would, Looks like you did a pretty good job. I was going to do that myself but just havn't had time.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I would not buy one. If I wanted a full-sized grip to carry, I would just carry my standard sized P99 with 16 round magazines. The beauty of the P99c is having all of the features of the full-sized model in a reduced package.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Well, I occassionally use the fullsize mags in the compact. I think I would get 1 to have. Would be nice if it was textured to match the gun, but I know that would be very difficult.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly if these were available initially, I probably wouldn't have bought a fullsize and only a compact. The extra barrel length really doesn't do much for me in terms of accuracy at the ranges I usually practice with and then I could have a fullsize grip with a big mag for nightstand use and a compact grip by day for concealment. Ymmv of course.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
At 1 point, I was using a Glock 26 as a CCW, and then I would put in a 17 rd mag at night for a night stand gun. So, yes, as he said above, there is a use for this.

Advertise it on the other sites too...

·
Registered
9 Posts
conditional yes. I have one of these for my XD SC and it has much tighter tolerences than your P99 version. You have to change that before I'd buy one.

-Chris Cahill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, i have a regular P99, and it fits my hand perfectly, however, if you were to make one for the P22, i'd be all over it for around the $50 mark........
Rob

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know I am resurrecting an old item, but I was hoping someone made one of these. I would definitely buy one, maybe even two. Did anything come from this? Has anyone else made any of these? Does anyone want to?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Walther has one (Part number 273 05 37) already made and supposed to be available by the end of year.

I received a picture over two months ago, but don't have any photo sharing account to post it here. Any volunteer wants to post it?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Send to me and Ken and I will put in the FAQ.

James

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Airfix @ Dec. 01 2006,7:01)]Walther has one (Part number 273 05 37) already made and supposed to be available by the end of year.
How did you find out about it ??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great! Put me down for a couple of them. I have been waiting over a year calling Walther America / S&W every few months hoping someone would design and make them available.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts