Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says. I know I’d loose the decocker even if it works (but that would make it just like a PPQ, right?)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found some references stating that it cycles and dry fires fine but I haven’t found any actual shooting validation.

·
Premium Member
13,754 Posts
You're right it'll simply operate like a PPQ......single action only. The de-cocker still works and the DA won't work, so if you de-cock this combination, you'll wind up with a 'dead' trigger. You'd have to move the slide rearward about 3/8" (if you listen closely, you hear a click, that's the single action sear popping up in front of the striker) and back into battery to reset the striker.

It's not going to blow up......go shoot it.

And I love this holster for the P99.

·
Premium Member
13,754 Posts
Or, you could put a P99 AS trigger and sear housing in a PPQ M2 frame and use the P99 slide. Then you'd have a fully functional P99 AS with a PPQ M2 frame.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The de-cocker still works and the DA won't work, so if you de-cock this combination, you'll wind up with a 'dead' trigger. You'd have to move the slide rearward about 3/8" (if you listen closely, you hear a click, that's the single action sear popping up in front of the striker) and back into battery to reset the striker.
Thanks for the reply. I am puzzled how can we “de-cock” without the button on the slide? Also, can we treat the “dead trigger” as a safety feature (because there is no trigger safety on P99)?

·
Premium Member
13,754 Posts
Well, there ya go......I can't even read. Okay, I put the PPQ slide on the P99 frame. You've basically got a PPQ....the P99 trigger's DA mode doesn't work and you have no decocker.....no advantage to do this, that I can see.

Oh, their is a trigger safety on the P99.....it's just that it works a little differently than the 'center blade' safety on the Q. On the P99, if you pull the trigger rearward very slowly, you'll notice that the trigger shoe actually pivots just a tiny bit before the trigger bar ever starts to move. What's happening is, there's a little nub on the rear of the trigger shoe that will make contact with the frame, stopping trigger bar movement, unless the trigger shoe is pivoted up just a little to clear the frame. Both designs PPQ and P99 drop safeties perform the same function.

Dead trigger as a safety feature? No way.

·
Premium Member
13,754 Posts
Here's a picture and a test to check out the trigger safety (drop safety). The picture is of a P99 trigger....you can perform the same test on the PPQ. Put you finger on the trigger where the green arrow is pointing and pull the trigger rearward. It'll move a tiny bit then stop when the little nub within the red circle makes contact with the frame. PPQ does the same thing using the center blade.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for sharing the wealth of your knowledge. All make sense to me now. I am just think about using a red dot milled PPQ slide on my P99 (instead of buying a full PPQ).

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can purchase a "Walther Arms 2834758 Q5 Match Upper Conversion 5" Black Tenifer Steel" slide that will mount on With Any standard size Polymer PPQ 9mm frame. Do you think this means you can also mount it on the P99 frame?

I prefer the paddle mag release of the P99. I also happen to own a P99 but not a PPQ. I think it would be great to have the option of adding a 5" Q5 slide on it.

·
Premium Member
13,754 Posts
You can purchase a "Walther Arms 2834758 Q5 Match Upper Conversion 5" Black Tenifer Steel" slide that will mount on With Any standard size Polymer PPQ 9mm frame. Do you think this means you can also mount it on the P99 frame?

I prefer the paddle mag release of the P99. I also happen to own a P99 but not a PPQ. I think it would be great to have the option of adding a 5" Q5 slide on it.
See post #8.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
You know..there are Q5 guns out there in the Classic (M1) configuration... ;)

A little more than 5 bills though, but I'd rather have that than just "half a gun", myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts