Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Seems to be a German Police surplus, proofed in 1962. Refinished/reworked, because of the 'golden' extractor and the 'blacked' barrel seat. Wrong grips (made for a .22 lr.). Wrong checkering (not factory original) on frame rear side. To get more details take better pics :)

Added: The red point visible at safety lever is (bad) repainted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems to be a German Police surplus, proofed in 1962. Refinished/reworked, because of the 'golden' extractor and the 'blacked' barrel seat. Wrong grips (made for a .22 lr.). Wrong checkering (not factory original) on frame rear side. To get more details take better pics :)

Added: The red point visible at safety lever is (bad) repainted.
Yeah I got it as a hand down. What's been changed I have no idea. I can take better pics though

·
Registered
360 Posts
Is that checkering on the back strap? I wonder at what period it was added, if it was. 1962 doesn't seem to be "old" to me...I was a senior in HS then! :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
It’s a former police gun in .32 cal. The left grip has been replaced with the thumb rest grip (which was made about 10 years later than the gun). These go for $850 to $950 right now at my LGS in Denver, CO. They just got several of these in stock and they are selling well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Do they all have the thumb rest grips and checkered backstrap ?
They come with standard grips and standard back grip straps. Post a photo of your checkered strap so we can see what you’re talking about.

Check out my latest post on here for an example of one of these currently for sale at my LGS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
To me it looks like backstrap was rubber-covered.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Private sale $800

Pawn shop $700-$900

Gun Shop $1000

Online store $1200-$1400

Gun show in Mississippi $1600 and it probably was given to Hitler by Himmler and ended up in some post war police unit. Post war production is of no concern, it was Hitlers pistol. Gun show guys are always right.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Is it possible, as said above, that the checkering on the back strap is from a rubber grip, such as Pachmyer? If so, remove it and increase the value, replace the thumb rest and ditto. It's those modifications that you can't remove that lower the value on a gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is it possible, as said above, that the checkering on the back strap is from a rubber grip, such as Pachmyer? If so, remove it and increase the value, replace the thumb rest and ditto. It's those modifications that you can't remove that lower the value on a gun.
Backstrap?

·
Registered
10 Posts
two months ago I purchased a PP Super, brand new, never fired in it's original serial numbered case for $350.00 Canadian, which translates to USD $285.00

·
Registered
15 Posts
In fairness the Canadian prices on pistols with barrels under 4.2 in length are depressed by them being prohibited weapons class, a much smaller market. Few people have that class, with a longer barrel it would be $800.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In fairness the Canadian prices on pistols with barrels under 4.2 in length are depressed by them being prohibited weapons class, a much smaller market. Few people have that class, with a longer barrel it would be $800.
$800.00 is very optimistic, maybe $500-600

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was basing it on a sale last week at a Vancouver shop. Gone in one day at $800. But that's 650 US of course. It was converted to restricted, and to 380acp from Ultra, with a long barrel. Perhaps the chance to own one with a restricted Iicense amped up the price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was basing it on a sale last week at a Vancouver shop. Gone in one day at $800. But that's 650 US of course. It was converted to restricted, and to 380acp from Ultra, with a long barrel. Perhaps the chance to own one with a restricted Iicense amped up the price.
Never understood it.

What's the point having a PP Super, converted to 380 auto with a 4.5" barrel?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts