Walther Forums banner

WooHoo!

4K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  ShipWreck 
#1 ·
Just got my slide back from Tripp Research today - 2 weeks after I sent it - I REALLY like it.

Had the slide hard chromed in matte, and had the extractor and decocker button done in his polymer cobra coat.

I think I will send him the slide for my SW99 when I come up with the extra money.

See less See more
#2 ·
VERY NICE! That really looks good. Maybe I need to do that to one of mine when I get a spare couple of hundred dollars

Regards,
James

#5 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uberschall @ Jan. 11 2006,19:26)]That looks AWESOME. I'm glad it's done in a matte finish... it almost looks like my Titanium QA!

Walther should offer that finish on their P99's since they quit making them with the Titanium coating.
Yes, that is why I chose the matte and not brushed. I wanted it to look like the titanium finish

#9 ·
I wish I could take cool photos, like some people can. But thatw as the best I could do. The pics don't really do it justice

I see Tripp also hard chromed that little pin that holds the rear sight on. I would have had the slide release hard chromed too, but I don't know how to take it off, and I didn't wanna have to ship it next day by shipping the whole gun.

#13 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Jan. 11 2006,13:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (extremist @ Jan. 11 2006,19:19)]VERY NICE! That really looks good. Maybe I need to do that to one of mine when I get a spare couple of hundred dollars

Regards,
James
Only $80 + about $10 for the return shipping
Well then, that makes it easy! $90 is very reasonable.

Thanks for the info.

James

#17 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hoggs74 @ Jan. 12 2006,09:32)]I really am interested in this as i carry my P99 in a kydex holster and after just a short time, I can already see wear.  Any idea how this hard chromed finish will stand up to wear?
I assume U have been the one that has e-mailed me about this

It is the tougest finish that you can get put on a gun - nothing else U can get that's better. I suppose eventually everything wears, but it should be fine - not anything else U can get that is better.

#21 ·
Well, got a chance to shoot it today - not a single problem. I love that little gun, and the finish is great. Also took my SW99 - I think that is growing to be my fav gun. I shoot it about as well as my $1200 1911.

I definetly plan to send off the SW99 slide to get hard chromed too, like his little brother :p

#22 ·
When you get a chance, can you take the slide off, remove the barrel & spring, and post a picture of the underside? Also very interested in how the SW99 work goes.

I hear you on the 1911 business as well. I really enjoy the SW99 in .45 acp... I like it just as much or even better than the Kimbers... and at a fraction of the cost, even with a trip to Tripp!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.