Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my slide back from Tripp Research today - 2 weeks after I sent it - I REALLY like it.

Had the slide hard chromed in matte, and had the extractor and decocker button done in his polymer cobra coat.

I think I will send him the slide for my SW99 when I come up with the extra money.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
VERY NICE! That really looks good. Maybe I need to do that to one of mine when I get a spare couple of hundred dollars

Regards,
James

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[b said:
Quote[/b] (extremist @ Jan. 11 2006,19:19)]VERY NICE!  That really looks good.  Maybe I need to do that to one of mine when I get a spare couple of hundred dollars  

Regards,
James
Only $80 + about $10 for the return shipping

·
Registered
29 Posts
That looks AWESOME. I'm glad it's done in a matte finish... it almost looks like my Titanium QA!

Walther should offer that finish on their P99's since they quit making them with the Titanium coating.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uberschall @ Jan. 11 2006,19:26)]That looks AWESOME. I'm glad it's done in a matte finish... it almost looks like my Titanium QA!

Walther should offer that finish on their P99's since they quit making them with the Titanium coating.
Yes, that is why I chose the matte and not brushed. I wanted it to look like the titanium finish

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cool looking weapon and neat pictures.

And, who knows, maybe J. Bond will proudly use an identical P99cAS in his next movie!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish I could take cool photos, like some people can. But thatw as the best I could do. The pics don't really do it justice

I see Tripp also hard chromed that little pin that holds the rear sight on. I would have had the slide release hard chromed too, but I don't know how to take it off, and I didn't wanna have to ship it next day by shipping the whole gun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Jan. 11 2006,21:48)]I wish I could take cool photos, like some people can. But thatw as the best I could do. The pics don't really do it justice
I think your pictures are great.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looks great, it seems like tripp always does great work. They also wanted $80 to do the slide on my p3at so I've held back, but that looks like it should take care of your finish problem nicely.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Jan. 11 2006,13:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (extremist @ Jan. 11 2006,19:19)]VERY NICE! That really looks good. Maybe I need to do that to one of mine when I get a spare couple of hundred dollars

Regards,
James
Only $80 + about $10 for the return shipping
Well then, that makes it easy! $90 is very reasonable.

Thanks for the info.

James

·
Registered
24 Posts
very nice. I might have to get this done to my P99 .40 cal.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I've decided to get it done on my SW99 for sure. I once prev had another gun hrd chromed - the coolness of the surface to the touch, and the texture, feels different. I like it. I might even get some mags done eventually.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really am interested in this as i carry my P99 in a kydex holster and after just a short time, I can already see wear. Any idea how this hard chromed finish will stand up to wear?

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hoggs74 @ Jan. 12 2006,09:32)]I really am interested in this as i carry my P99 in a kydex holster and after just a short time, I can already see wear.  Any idea how this hard chromed finish will stand up to wear?
I assume U have been the one that has e-mailed me about this

It is the tougest finish that you can get put on a gun - nothing else U can get that's better. I suppose eventually everything wears, but it should be fine - not anything else U can get that is better.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Great job !......and great gun............

I don't see any signs of over aggressive buffing you sometimes find with refinish jobs. Every line looks crisp.

JF.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sniper350 @ Jan. 12 2006,12:01)]Great job !......and great gun............

I don't see any signs of over aggressive buffing you sometimes find with refinish jobs. Every line looks crisp.

JF.
Yes, the finish is great, all over the slide - I see no flaws either.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts