Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know of replacement grips for this guy yet, or hear that some are in the pipeline? Since the frame around the magazine is solid it would require a relatively thin grip.
I took a aftermarket wood grip set for a S&W PPK and mounted it on my Interams PPK. When I went to the range the grips were pressing just hard enough on the internals under the grip to prevent it from cycling, you had to manually cycle each round. When I got home I used my Dremel on the backside and opened it up enough to allow everything to work. If I knew that the current PPK/S in 22 had a grip that was same in outline to say a PPK/S from S&W I may take a gamble and buy a set and try my Dremel weight loss program on them to see if I could get them to work. Anyone size them together to see if they are the same in outline?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I added a set of these grips to my Walther/Umarex PPK/S. The fit like a glove and improve both the 'feel' and appearance of the pistol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
While the G4U grips are nice and all, I'm really loving these
but I'm not sure if the .22lr follows the pattern of the german-made ones or the us-made ones more. I don't mind dremelling the backs if it's the right footprint, know what I mean?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While the G4U grips are nice and all, I'm really loving these
but I'm not sure if the .22lr follows the pattern of the german-made ones or the us-made ones more. I don't mind dremelling the backs if it's the right footprint, know what I mean?
I have a set of those for my Interarms PPK but in an ebony colored wood. They were made for S&W so took a lot of grinding to get them to fit, even with the open frame under the grip. There is so little wiggle room under the grips of the new 22 you'd likely chew right through them trying to thin them down.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The grip portion to the frame of the Walther/Umarex PPK/S .22LR (Zamak-allloy) has a different '..profile..' than the grip-frame of the PPK/S .380s (stainless steel)...so trimming a grip intended for a .380 to fit a .22LR would probably involve more trouble than it's worth...if it would work at all.

If you prefer the Rosewood/floral engraved grips, why not try contacting the manufacturer to see if they can be made up to fit the new PPK/S .22LR ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got my grips in today, having ordered on Thursday. They're beautiful and add a great look to the gun. Well worth it!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just like the ones I put on my nickle plated version. Makes them look far better and less air-softsih.

·
Registered
192 Posts
One of the nice things about these replacement grips is that the wood extends/rolls all the way back to the edge of the backstrap for a '..smoother..' transition between side and backstrap and a more comfortable '..feel..' in the hand.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts