Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Well you really need to have Uncut chime in here...I bought a set and they look and feel great but they did take some minor fitting. Uncut has some excellent photos that he can help you with....

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
http://mactec-militaryarms.com/

besides ordering directly from Nill you can special order them here.... (above link).... I have ordered twice now from mactec without a glitch....

If you decide to get them and they won't fit propperly I do have some pics to show where the problem may be ..... I have been told now of about six P5 combat grips that needed some work and also have sent this info to Nill....

anyhow... they are great grips and worth every penny

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have Nill stippled grips on my P88 Compact and I like them very much; agreed, they are worth the money. I can also vouch for Jim at MacTec -- he's a good guy to deal with.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
For me they make a great pistol, exquisite...I wouldn't want to own a P5 and not have these grips....:cool:
I have to agree...
The same goes for the P7....... Jim ordered me a set of stippled P7 grips that were said to be discontinued by Nill but showed on the Website... and sure enough he was able to get them for me....I still want a set of Rhomlas ones but the stippled just feel so good in the hand....

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys - we all must have good taste. Uncut, man,you are every where - always with the good answers!

Got a P5 coming in sn#31929 any idea of production date?

photo

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Not sure on production date...... but I am sure once you get it you can tell by either the date code, or if it is a BMI police trade by the date stamp on the forward end of the slide.......
IMHO the P5 is the softest shooting 9mm made.... recoil is like on a .22lr......
enjoy it and let us know how she looks when you get her... also if you do decide to get the Nill's and they might not fit.... let me know and I send you the pics I have .......
and yes I am most places you might find a conversation about Walther or HK :D
*edit...your P5 is for sure early.... mine is 100.xxx range and it is a "KC" date code

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Uncut. I did not see the Nil P5 with the thumb rest at the site you show. KC date code?

photo

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I know you are more into the war time Walthers so here it goes.....
just like the prewar and wartime Walthers the newer Walthers are proofed also.....
they are proofed in Ulm which is the "staghorn" you will see on your P5 someplace.....(most likely by the triggerguard as on PW civilian P38's)
then there is the "Eagle/N" which shows the gun was testfired with a proof load - the N stands for nitro cellulose which is in smokeless powder...
and then there is the year stamp of proofing......
I am not 100% anymore when they started that.. but up till 1976 they just used the last two digits of the year... and starting in 1977 they used a letter code that shows the year of proofing... which is reffered to as datecode....so in 1977 the Walther would show a date code of "HH" this year it would show a date code of "AH"

A B C D E F G H I K
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

so the 2 letters make up the last to of the year.... the "J" is left out as the letter writen in German (only if written in capital letters) look almost identical...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts