Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on these two ammos? I've shot about 60 rounds of the Winchester Supreme on my PPK/S, and I just ordered 200 rounds of the Corbon to try it out. From all I've read, Corbon gets the best reviews, but apparently the Winchester Supremes are either to new or something, as I don't see many comparisons. These are the redesigned/rebranded Black Talons. I had no problems feeding/shooting the Winchesters (along with 200 rounds of the Winchester USA cheap ball ammo). The paper specs on both bullets are:

CORBON 380 AUTO 90 GR. JHP 1050FPS/220FTLBS

WINCHESTER SUPREME 380 AUTO 95 GR. JHP 955FPS/192FTLBS

Thoughts/comments will be appreciated!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Why didn't you order the DPX instead of 90 gr. Its the hot round now in 380.
Its 80gr copper and is expanding to 70 call and out of a Bersa over 1050fps. I use in my 45 now for carry. I have the 90 in my PPK/S as I haven't finished shoot up my supply I perfer Corbon for carry. Use in my Kel Tec also. Oh, you will know when you fired Corbon compaired to win. Go pop 2 milk jugs of water 1 each make. you will see difference.
Oh I forgot the Corbon numbers were from a PPK/S as they test with real pistols

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the DPX, but most online retailers are out of stock, and the one that had it wanted $19 and change per box of 12. I picked up the regular Corbon for $12 a box of 20, Winchester for $10 a box 20. I shoot Winchester white box ($10 for box of 50) at the range mostly, but I always like to put 20-40 rounds of my carry ammo every trip to the range.

After I use up my stock I may look again into DPX - hopefully there will be more sources available. Is the recoil similar on these?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts