Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://youtu.be/wfILN9eS33c
This is the ppq m3 with a few differences (notably the trigger, striker indicator, and double strike capability). My question is why hasn’t walther made this model available in the states? Do they think we won’t be interested or what? I’d pick one up. Excuse the foreign language and accent.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don’t speak German. Are you sure it has double strike capabilities? I think he was just demonstrating that the trigger had fully released. He still had to pull the slide back about 1/8” to reset the striker. I can’t get a good view of the trigger but, I can’t imagine them removing the trigger safety on a single action gun. Maybe someone fluent in German could help here.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I don’t speak German. Are you sure it has double strike capabilities? I think he was just demonstrating that the trigger had fully released. He still had to pull the slide back about 1/8” to reset the striker. I can’t get a good view of the trigger but, I can’t imagine them removing the trigger safety on a single action gun. Maybe someone fluent in German could help here.
He pointed out that there is in fact NOTHING breaking the contour of the trigger, and it does look just like the trigger on a P99 AS for instance. Shortly after, right before he showed disassembly, he pulled the slide back a little to de-cock the gun. (around 5 min) He calls it a partially cocked trigger, and "very interesting, you can dry-fire the trigger as many times as you want, without re-cocking it." *shows dry-firing it repeatedly* "...could be useful in case of a dud..." (around 6 min).
That what you're talking about?

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
Here's a little German to English translation.

19.11.2015 in the versions M3 and P3, she was certified Walther PPQ in 9mm Luger for the police service. Target 12/2015 places our test itself.

Short gun test: Walther PPQ M3 and P3 in 9 mm Luger since its debut in 2011 was the Walther PPQ mainly used for Special Forces. Relaxing by deduction according to the technical guideline for pistols in CAL. 9 mm x 19 not be permitted and the trigger pull weight was too low for the service in the police force. That will change now with the versions of Walther PPQ M3 and P3.

In the context of a model of care which was named PPQ also Walther P99Q, the M stands for a push button and the P for a paddle magazine holder and the authority trigger is marked with the '3'. All other new features and changes compared to the Walther PPQ M3 and Walther PPQ P3 report on PPQ M2 and the shooting test we in the new sights 12/2015.

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
I'm thinking the PPQ M/P3 uses a trigger/sear/striker assembly taken from the P99Q.

Here ya go:

Trigger P99 Q
The trigger mechanism of the WALTHER P99Q offers from the first to the last round a consistent trigger pull. It is a pre-set trigger with a trigger travel of 12 mm and a trigger pull of approx. 30 N.

The pre-set trigger comes with double strike capacity, allowing the shooter to repeatedly pull the trigger in Double-Action mode in case of fails to fire.

Or........... Maybe it's based on the QA trigger.

P99 QA (Quick Action)

The pistol P99 QA is a P99 with a new quick action trigger. This trigger system required by some law enforcement agencies ensures constant trigger performance from the first to the last shot. The P99 QA is ready to fire immediately after retraction of the slide although four independently operating safeties guarantee maximum safety for the user.

With the QA-trigger, the striker is in a precocked position (approx. 0,24”), and further pulling of the trigger results in additional cocking of approx. 1/8” before discharge.
Trigger travel is approx. 0,24” with trigger pull of approx. 6.5 lbs.

The P99 QA features a specially designed smaller decocking lever ensuring safe decocking for disassembly or safe storage. In order to prevent an unintentional decocking the decocking lever operates only by using auxiliary material like a ballpen or a handcuff key, for example.

Otherwise, the P99 QA features all the advantages of the standard P99.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Regardless, I wish Walther was big enough to offer a PPQc P3 for us who prefer paddles, want a double stack mag, and don't need/want a SA/DA, "AS" style trigger.

I already have a P99c and while it's a great gun, I carry my PPS most. If I had a P99cQA in 9mm, well, I've said it a lot already.

I'd carry IT instead of my PPS.

But the trigger sucks. ;)

(it doesn't really, it's just not a PPQ trigger)

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Regardless, I wish Walther was big enough to offer a PPQc P3 for us who prefer paddles, want a double stack mag, and don't need/want a SA/DA, "AS" style trigger.

I already have a P99c and while it's a great gun, I carry my PPS most. If I had a P99cQA in 9mm...
You mean like a P99c QA?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Imaoldfart: He didn't mention either of those trigger systems. He did say one can pull the trigger over and over as many times as wanted. Looks most like a DAO. It's not even necessary to retract the slide to re-cock the striker.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I seriously doubt it. My LGS had a P99Q for almost two years before it finally disappeared from the sales case while the PPQ was selling briskly all along.

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
Hey, just throwing it out there...just a friggin' WAG. :D After reading about it, I know I don't want it. I'll stick to my Q's and P99's. I can decock a PPQ with ease.....also works on a P99 (decocker button not required).:D

Having said that, I'm kicking around the idea of assembling another Frankenstein gun.

Let's see.....PPQ M2 lower (cuz I've got some extras)
Fill the lower with a P99 trigger assembly and sear assembly.
Replace PPQ striker with P99 striker.
Replace PPQ slide end cap with P99 slide end cap.

So there ya go.....a PPQ with a P99 AS trigger and a novel decocking method. NOT FOR SALE OR RELEASE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. :D

I previously had a PPQ with P99 trigger/sear assembly and P99 slide. Only difference here is I'll be using a PPQ slide.

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
Hee, hee. I hear ya, but I'm using 'off the shelf', readily available parts. Just doin' a mix and match.

Back to the M and P3. Based on what I've read, that pistol (trigger) was designed specifically for LE....was not designed or planed to be a 'civilian' offering.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
You mean like a P99c QA?
Yeah! But is it too much to ask to have a PPQ trigger WITH the decocker?

Soft, silky buttery smooth trigger and a means to completely decock the damned thing so I don't have to load/unload the chamber is what I'm after.

Walther won't build the perfect gun...guess I'm gonna take on the challenge myself. Hell, it's just time, money, some parts, and a couple of diagrams from the donor pistols...

Yee haw. I'm gonna do this. :D

(yeh, I'm aware I could buy a whole new gun for cheaper, likely, but it still ain't what I want..):rolleyes:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Back to the M and P3. Based on what I've read, that pistol (trigger) was designed specifically for LE....was not designed or planed to be a 'civilian' offering.
Imaoldfart: No criticism meant, just what I interpreted from what was being said "auf Deutsch" in the video.

The mention of police was in reference to the M/P3 version meeting the German police technical specifications (so PPQ with 12-lb trigger :eek: )... :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
I seriously doubt it. My LGS had a P99Q for almost two years before it finally disappeared from the sales case while the PPQ was selling briskly all along.
I didn't think the P99Q made it to civilian sales in the US??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts