Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just purchased my first Walther PPQ and accidentally ordered the wrong sights. I purchased Trijicon HD's for the PPS. I've looked at other threads and it seems as though PPS Sights will fit on the PPQ. From what I understand, the roll pin on the PPS rear sight needs to be compressed in order for it to fit on the PPQ.

Has anyone tried this with the Trijis before? What kind of tool do I need to compress the roll pin? Am i better off just returning the PPS Sights and getting the 'correct' PPQ sights?

I appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Zoober

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
in theory they will work.... the cut out for the sight is the same
the P99 and PPQ use spring detent for click adjustment and the PPS uses the roll pin for drift adjustment

when installing the sight with the rollpin one must be careful
#1 not to damage the slide with the rollpin
#2 not to hit the sight too hard so not to damage the tritium vials
#3 install from left to right

Reactions: searcher451

·
Registered
115 Posts
The sights (at least the rear) are different size and shape, significantly different. You might be able to mash them in but for all practical purposes the sights are different.

·
Premium Member
14,267 Posts
Lots of sights look different....and that's OK. It's how they're held in place that matters. Uncut is absolutely correct. The PPS sights are a press fit while the PPQ/P99 use a spring and plunger (detent) to hold the rear sight in place and provide for EASY windage adjustments.

Just as uncut said, the PPS sights are a friction fit and will require the use of a hammer and drift, or a sight pusher. Not some CHEAP sight pusher...a GOOD sight pusher. And unless you've done this before there's a real good chance you can booger up the slide when installing the press in sights on a PPQ/P99. Just ask Smith & Wesson....they boogered up a bunch (probably 2 or 3 hundred) of the 1,000 First Edition PPQ slides by letting Bubba install the PPS night sights without adequate experience or knowledge of WTH they were doing. What a mess THAT was.

So, I go back to post no. 3. Save yourself some trouble and exchange those sights.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I never said anything about looks. They are in fact significantly different in size and shape. The PPQ sight is nearly half again as wide as the PPS. Just because something can be made to fit doesn't mean it's functionally interchangeable. But go ahead and slap it in there Rube. Out.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Walther PPQ, PPS, P99 and P99C sights all fit the same slot. The only difference is that the PPS doesn't have provisions for the spring plunger and windage screw. Front sight heights may vary for different barrel lengths or sight picture preference.

Walther installs PPS-style night sights for the First Edition P99 and PPQ. My P99 Defense Kit also has PPS-style night sights. As mentioned in above posts, don't install the drift sight from the plunger hole side or it'll get stuck. It should go in from the left side as viewed from the rear of the pistol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Missing the point. If you have a PPQ and a PPS with Trijicon HD sights (like I do) the sights are very different. Putting a PPS sight on a PPQ will fit but they are not made for that application. The installation is different, the adjustment is different and the size is different, other than that they are identical:(

Fit and function are different, get the correct sight and it will work, adjust and fit correctly, otherwise go ahead Rube.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
To the contrary. The point has been made, on both sides. We'll shut this down before some real name-calling begins, none of which is necessary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.