Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SW made a SW99 in 45..... changed the frame ect...

Will walther EVER offer any other chamberings?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
errr... are you kidding!?!?!!?

1911s are bigger now than ever before...

the Springfield XD 45 was the "gun of the year" last year...
HK is coming out with a new .45...

hate to argue with you like that, but your defiantly wrong on that point.... .45 is bigger than it EVER has been now...
Even the military is looking at changing back to the .45...

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
As long as the P99 is made in Euroville, I doubt they will bother to make up a .45 version. I think 9P is just to popular "over there".

I really like my 9 m/m version, and think the pistol in .40 and .45 is too much in a good thing.

Besides there is no firearms yet devised in .45 can compete with a good 1911!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As long as the P99 is made in Euroville, I doubt they will bother to make up a .45 version. I think 9P is just to popular "over there".

I really like my 9 m/m version, and think the pistol in .40 and .45 is too much in a good thing.

Besides there is no firearms yet devised in .45 can compete with a good 1911!
I absolutly aggree with you there! the 1911 is THE 45acp!
However, Springfield is milking the hell out of the 45 polymer gun market now.... Walther needs to grab a teet and start yankin too!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
FWIW.....
Walther had attempted the .45 1911 style gun.......never went into production.... only pics of the real deal I ever saw was in the big Walther book.....It was called the "Big Bore"
I have big doubts Walther will ever get back into the .45 as they are just not supplying the american market as much as H&K does.....
But who knows... they learned a lesson on the P99 to not built a .40 on a 9 so the PPS was built on .40 and is a dream in 9mm.....
SOOO maybe not all is lost and maybe we see another .45 from Walther

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I think the lesson learned is that you don't take a 9mm.. change the barrel and slide and call it a .40S&W :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOTS of problems with the p99 40 ca right when it came out.
thats why most manufactors build a larger caliber.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Practically every 9mm Para pistol that has come off the drawing boards in the past 15 years has been engineered from the beginning to be eventually offered in .40 S&W. The cartridges are sufficiently similar that it requires little more than to substitute an appropriate barrel, a slide with a modified bolt face and increased mass to retard its recoil velocity, and a new magazine (technically the most difficult aspect); it may or may not be necessary to adjust the recoil spring, extractor, ejector and slide stop.

Although these changes are not particularly challenging, the tooling is costly and gun manufacturers are not immune to the laws of economics. Since the greater demand has been perceived to be in 9mm, the 9mm version usually is released first to generate income from the investment.

Upgunning to .45 is a different matter. While 9mm and .40 can be accommodated in the same basic envelope, .45 requires a bigger interior and a total redesign.

M

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well Dave from my neck of the woods 45. is not a big seller round here. If you were to walk in any shop and ask they would tell ya 40. cal and 9mm are most popular and are the biggest sellers,, every law enforcement agency here uses 9mm and .40. And most of the general public. A 45 is just an overkill in my mind, It would make a good hunting gun but as for carry or the range ill pass.

·
Registered
525 Posts
The P99 is what, over 10 years old now? The smart money says the P99 line is the P99 line until the day a new model is announced.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know, and it's pointless to speculate. It's probably a matter of economics, not engineering.
Pointless? I would say the point of forums such as this includes random wonderings just for the hell of it. :D

Personally, I want to see a G22 that will take my p99 .40 magazines :).

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Pointless? I would say the point of forums such as this includes random wonderings just for the hell of it. :D

Personally, I want to see a G22 that will take my p99 .40 magazines :).

OMG that would be a dream come true.... :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well Dave from my neck of the woods 45. is not a big seller round here. If you were to walk in any shop and ask they would tell ya 40. cal and 9mm are most popular and are the biggest sellers,, every law enforcement agency here uses 9mm and .40. And most of the general public. A 45 is just an overkill in my mind, It would make a good hunting gun but as for carry or the range ill pass.

well i didnt mean to come off harsh or anything. Im curious what IS your neck of the woods? are you stateside?
because, every gun store i walk into has just as many, if not MORE 1911s laying around than tacti-plastic guns.
Also, all it takes is a quick glance on the magazine aisle at your local walmart and look at the gun magazines..... if a .45 isnt on the cover, there is at least ONE article in there about one.....
I wasnt stating my personal opinion on the matter, but rather the FACT that the latest trend, at least stateside IS shifting back to the .45...
Remember the military was recently looking for candidates for a new service weapon to replace the 93F 9MM... and they WERE looking for .45 cal candidates.......
thats why the HK 45 exists

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
well i didnt mean to come off harsh or anything. Im curious what IS your neck of the woods? are you stateside?
because, every gun store i walk into has just as many, if not MORE 1911s laying around than tacti-plastic guns.
Also, all it takes is a quick glance on the magazine aisle at your local walmart and look at the gun magazines..... if a .45 isnt on the cover, there is at least ONE article in there about one.....
I wasnt stating my personal opinion on the matter, but rather the FACT that the latest trend, at least stateside IS shifting back to the .45...
Remember the military was recently looking for candidates for a new service weapon to replace the 93F 9MM... and they WERE looking for .45 cal candidates.......
thats why the HK 45 exists
That's also why the S&W M&P.45 exists too:) . Unfortunately, the latest report I heard was that the US military has shelved the idea of a new .45ACP pistol for general issue. :(

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 20 Posts