Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve heard rumors in the past that Walther was going to produce a P99 compact. Anyone heard lately if this was still going to happen or just an unfounded rumor.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Unfortunately the chance is slim. Over two months ago from the e-mail I received from Walther Germany and the technician I talked to at S&W, Walther has no plan of introducing a smaller version of P-99, whereas the "compact/subcompact" of P-99 is made by S&W of which the .40 version will come out first and 9mm will be later this year.
Things could change, who knows; could be there are something at the drawing board already, but too early to leak out any info.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I understand at the Shot Show,that Walther has said there will be both a compact version and a .45 acp chambering for the P99. Some of Walthers decisions and choices leave a lot to be desired but the P99 is a winner and they do know a good thing when they see it. If we could only get them to ask my opinion before doing anything,we'd all be dancing a jig in Das Fest Haus.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gee... Do youz guyz think that "The" Walther and S&W Companies vist this forum? If not...Let's send this addy to them and try to get it to all of their employees too.:blues:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts