Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I would not think so for a few reasons.

The SC overall slide length is shorter and lighter and has a faster cycle rate.

The barrel is also shorter.

The SC has a dual recoil spring setup like most sub compact pistols, not like the single spring setup like the full size.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. The only function of the guide rod is to keep the return spring from kinking during the rear stroke of the slide. It really has very little pressure against it so being made if plastic is not an issue. The PPQ SC has an encapsulated 2 stage return spring which helps manage recoil, there are not a lot of after market guide rods that have 2 stage springs. If I were going to change anything on the PPQ SC it would be the sights... I already have and it shoots great. I’m going out today to put it up against my shooting partner’s new SIG P365.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. The only function of the guide rod is to keep the return spring from kinking during the rear stroke of the slide. It really has very little pressure against it so being made if plastic is not an issue. The PPQ SC has an encapsulated 2 stage return spring which helps manage recoil, there are not a lot of after market guide rods that have 2 stage springs. If I were going to change anything on the PPQ SC it would be the sights... I already have and it shoots great. I’m going out today to put it up against my shooting partner’s new SIG P365.
Recoil with the PPQ SC is pretty mild for what it is. It's very controllable for its size.

I hear you on the sights. I have a Dawson plain black rear and tritium front on mine. Other than that its stock. Nothing else really needed.

Just add ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts