Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

I was just musing about how great a PPQ in 45acp with m1 paddle magazine release, 15+1 capacity and an Anti-Stress trigger configuration would be (The answer is AWESOME!)

It led me to ponder... is the AS trigger configuration obsolete/retired? The P99 AS 9mm seems to still be in production but all other Anti-Stress offerings (including .40 cal and all compact variants) haven't been around for awhile.

My personal opinion is that the P99AS is clearly superior to the PPQ in just about every way (grip texture excluded) in the context of a defense/duty pistol.

Does anyone really like the trigger dingus? I know some folks don't mind it... but who really prefers it? Are there any among us?

Will the Anti-Stress trigger configuration ever be found in another pistol?

Thoughts? Opinions? Pistols you wish were available in AS? (For me... all of them!)

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Howdy folks,

I was just musing about how great a PPQ in 45acp with m1 paddle magazine release, 15+1 capacity and an Anti-Stress trigger configuration would be (The answer is AWESOME!)

It led me to ponder... is the AS trigger configuration obsolete/retired? The P99 AS 9mm seems to still be in production but all other Anti-Stress offerings (including .40 cal and all compact variants) haven't been around for awhile.

My personal opinion is that the P99AS is clearly superior to the PPQ in just about every way (grip texture excluded) in the context of a defense/duty pistol.

Does anyone really like the trigger dingus? I know some folks don't mind it... but who really prefers it? Are there any among us?

Will the Anti-Stress trigger configuration ever be found in another pistol?

Thoughts? Opinions? Pistols you wish were available in AS? (For me... all of them!)
I'll bite. The P99 is a great pistol but the world has mostly moved on.

If there is still a niche for it,
maybe it's in a concealed carry sized pistols.

I picture a PPS/CCP sized pistol, with a stack and a half type magazine holding 10-12 rounds while being thinner than the PPQ series.

Maybe in a pistol like that, clearly intended for defensive use, the AS trigger might sell.

It would certainly differentiate Walther from the other striker fired brands.

The extra margin of perceived safety with the AS system may appeal to a segment of that market.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The AS trigger system is a no go for the american market. Even showing people how to use it, i get blank stares. They only want to choose between striker and hammer, their minds are usually already made up though. The only AS trigger i see on a ppq is going to be a special order for a european or asian department that has been using the p99 AS and want to update their service weapons while still retaining the system they have been using.

Walther even boasted with their new steel frame ppq that they can add and/or subtract any feature for specific departments if they are so inclined. So in the future it may be produced in either format (steel or polymer) but we will never have it available to us.

I really dont think they push their products hard enough and give any government or market enough incentive to choose them over the competition.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
The AS trigger system is a no go for the american market. Even showing people how to use it, i get blank stares. They only want to choose between striker and hammer, their minds are usually already made up though. The only AS trigger i see on a ppq is going to be a special order for a european or asian department that has been using the p99 AS and want to update their service weapons while still retaining the system they have been using.

Walther even boasted with their new steel frame ppq that they can add and/or subtract any feature for specific departments if they are so inclined. So in the future it may be produced in either format (steel or polymer) but we will never have it available to us.

I really dont think they push their products hard enough and give any government or market enough incentive to choose them over the competition.
Just show it to people as a DA/SA system and its straight forward.

Go over the nuances and possibilities of the system with a new shooter and their eyes will.glaze over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts