Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a thorough cleaning of my Walther P5, and sprayed the gun and parts with Strike-Hold to protect it from rust.

I placed the gun outside to dry (I didn’t want the fumes to harm anyone in the house) before I planned to return it to its case. However, while it was outside, it started raining. I estimate it was about fifteen minutes to a half-an-hour before I realized the situation and brought the gun and parts inside.

Very fortunately, I had placed the gun and parts on a screened-in porch and nothing got wet. But it was humid on the porch when I brought the gun inside.

Since the gun was in the process of absorbing a rust protectant, nothing got wet, and it was only for a short time that the gun and parts were exposed to the humidity, do I have to worry about rust? Should I recoat the gun in the Strike-Hold?

Someone please tell me fast, the gun has hardly been fired since I bought it and I’d hate to have to start replacing rusted parts already.

·
Registered
174 Posts
they are very sesible to humidity, i would field strip it clean it again and re apply a new rust protect layer.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Can't beat Florida's humidity. We are usually in the 90% range. Strikehold's fine. Breakfree CLP too. Your P5 should be OK. But if it calms your conscience, for the unforgivable-way-over-cardinal-sin of letting your P5 enjoy watching nature cool off the air temperature, then by all means blast away again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts