Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband just became a gun owner. We bought a P22Q and are now looking for accessories. We have found lots of holsters and mags for a P22 but nothing specifically for a P22Q. Will the Q fit into a P22 holster? My husband likes the looks of the plastic type hosters without a strap over the top of the gun but how safe are they? What keeps them from falling out?

Also what is the best ammo to use on this gun...we know it requires HV but what brand works well?

Any information you could share would be great!

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Welcome Lorzen, the P22 and P22 Q model are almost exactly the same firearm. The Q model has a bit of a thicker/stronger slide than the original pistol and has the look of the PPQ style instead of the P99 style of the original. Exterior dimensions are almost exactly the same. Don't know about the holster but that is the purpose of a holster. One word of warning...the front sight blade is polymer and is held in place by small wings on the underside. Quick drawing where the front blade hits something will make it separate from the slide. Mini Mags and Remington Golden Bullets are time tested favorites. I fired an entire bucket of Rems today and every bulled fired. 1,300 +....and my thumbs are sore because I fired plenty of Federals before settling in on the RGB's. 1917

·
Registered
743 Posts
Agree totally about the CCI Mini Mags and the RGB’s. My P22Q also shoots CCI Blazer Brass. It will take quite a few rounds to get the thing broken in, but after that a nice little shooter. I hated the spring/guide rod that came with mine, so I bought a Galloway captured spring/rod. Makes reassembly of the P22 easier. The newer P22QD has a captured spring as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the p22 with a 5 inch barrel.
It's a pain to take apart and a horror to put back together.
Get he Galloway captured spring/rod.
Then go to youtube to see how they assemble gun.
Do NOT shoot gun empty.
You could easily break firing pin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Lkorzen
The Plastic is caled Kydex.
You should not rush a holster purchase.
If you decide you like guns as a hobby?
You will wind up with more holsters then guns.
If you put a question up whats your favorite holster.
You will get a lot of answers.
And a lot of options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts