Previous 007s

* SEAN CONNERY: 1962-1971
* GEORGE LAZENBY: 1969
* ROGER MOORE: 1973-1985
* TIMOTHY DALTON: 1987-1989
* PIERCE BROSNAN: 1995-2005

* Daniel Craig
: 2006- ?

Clive Owen, Ewan McGregor, Jude Law and Colin Farrell were also named as possible contenders for the role.

With all the change in today's culture do you think that the media will keep the relationship between Walther and Bond ?

I would like to see the original P99 complimented by a P99 compact...keep the asthetics of the old with the design of the new...

My pick would have been Clive Owen.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I don't think I would be Bond without a Walther...

I didn't like Craig at first either, but the more you see him, the more you can see why he was supposedly "chosen". Has it been officially confirmed?

-stunks

·
Registered
65 Posts
It will probably boil down to product placement, like the BMW thing during the Brosnan era. The upshot is that Aston Martin and Walther have pretty long histories within the franchise, so maybe they'll stick around. I personally wonder whether Bond will retain his Omega Seamaster diving watch.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I sure would like to see Walther capitalize on the union of Bond and their firearms...Omega still has Brosnan pictured on their site...why won't Walther step in and promote their P99 with the next 007...if they would push their product more it would be great for their customers too. And why can't they come up with a match G99 to compete with the Beretta Storm...now Beretta comes out with their own poly pistol....

I for one am for re-issuing the older frame style the original Bond model with a compact version to complement...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ian Fleming wrote Bond with a Walther and it is inconceivable to me that he would switch to another pistol. The gun has changed before though. In Live and Let Die, he carried a N-frame S&W revolver. Walther does have the sentimental franchise though and more than a few guns have been sold to the public because of the movies. The only time the WA2000 rifle became popular was because of its featured role in a Bond film.

Omega watches?? PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY!
Bond wore a Rolex Submariner in the early films and it needs to stay that way.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (F. Paul Figlia @ Oct. 17 2005,22:21)]I could be wrong but I thought Fleming originally wrote Bond with a Beretta in .32 cal.  Or was it just in the movie that M took away that Beretta and forced 007 to use the PPK??
Both. He started out with the Beretta and switched to the Walther in both the books and the movies

·
Registered
83 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (F. Paul Figlia @ Oct. 17 2005,23:21)]I could be wrong but I thought Fleming originally wrote Bond with a Beretta in .32 cal.  Or was it just in the movie that M took away that Beretta and forced 007 to use the PPK??
The Beretta that was replaced by the 7.65mm PPK in Dr. No was a .22, not a .32!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yep, it was a .25!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts