Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of shots of the guts of my SilencerCo SS Sparrow after perhaps 400 rounds. Sure am glad it comes apart easily for cleaning. The parts are soaking at present. 1917

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just under the lights last night. I have some KG Carbon remover stuff...It softens the deposits a bit but you still have to scrape the stuff off. The clamshell halves came out new looking. 1917

·
Registered
844 Posts
I just got my Revolution 9 from Limbo.. have you ever tried “the Dip”??

I mean, other than it being toxic, how well does it remove Carbon?

By the way, I heat that the best way to neutralize the dip is a little sulfuric acid...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ha....I don't know about the "dip". Vinegar certainly won't harm you...but mixing what I suppose is Hydrogen Peroxide might make a harmful chemical. The peroxide isn't really harmful either although you might not want to drink it.
I've had it poured right on a flesh wound. The video sure makes it look like it works fine but I wanted to kick the guy in the rear end to speed him up the entire video.

I don't think the stainless steel will be harmed by it. Like always.... test a small section first. Probably a lot safer than the typical auto carbon remover stuff that will actually be absorbed right through your skin....and since I've had my hands in gasoline, paint thinner, this and that over the years....it's a wonder I'm still here and may account for the bladder cancer. Or not.

Mine cleaned up pretty good but I scraped the softened remnants out where it had built up. Wasn't too hard but it didn't just fall off either. I would say it doesn't need neutralizing....just a good flushing with clean water. 1917

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yep;I agree. An ultrasonic with some dish soap will quickly work wonders on such crud. Much better if the can comes apart but even if it does not an ultrasonic will still do a pretty good job of loosening all the crud from the inside and then some thorough rinsing and compressed air will finish off the job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts