Walther Forums banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I just put in a request for the Vortex Viper optic plate. It said 10 to 14 business days.
It took 27 working days for my Viper plate. I love the Viper but the locking screws are so low on the red dot that they are obscured by the rear sight so you have to remove the sight to lock them in after zeroing. Just don't forget to loosen them before putting it on the first time and of course no blue Loctite on the red dot screws until you are really sure about the zero. Of course, with a FFL in your tag name you probably know all this beforehand. Co-witness is very good on the Viper I think.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I got an email and it said the plate should be here in 14 to 21 days.

·
Registered
PDP, PPQ Q5 Match
1 Posts
Requested a plate for the Holosun 507c (ACSS chevron reticle is so nice, backorder took a while) on May 3, shipping label says May 4, got it May 7. Stamped with '2'.

I'm glad it came free and I'm glad it arrived fast for me (USPS can take a long time sometimes, when you get yours check the date of shipping at the top of the label. I live in Florida, and my area seems to not be as swamped with mail right now).
Haven't gone to the range yet to test the chevron reticle out but it paired with the 100moa acquisition circle seems to be very nice.

The plate did not come with any screws, just loose in a small bubble-padded envelope. It was very light.

Here it is installed with the RDS:

Reticle (10moa chevron, 100moa circle):

·
Registered
535 Posts
Had to get an optic plate for the slide that Earl's Repair sent me. He sent me the Q5 SF plates instead (which are 3-4mm longer overall). I was tempted to just file the plate to fit but I decided to return the plate to Earl instead. I did enter my serial number from my slide and requested the plate from Walther, so let's see how that works out.

Earl was saying Walther Germany is out of stock on all RMR plates at this time, as well as a recall on a couple of optic plates for the PDP and SF models. That may explain some of the delays.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why wouldn't Walther ship the packages with tracking, this is torture plain and simple. I offered to pay for better shipping, the customer service agent told me no.
Waiting like a dog for a bone at the dining table.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It appears that Leopold sights are not as popular. Is it because they are the most expensive?
I think it’s a combination of price and less features than most other red dots. I have a DPP and I like it a lot but the much cheaper Holosuns have more features.

·
Registered
17 Posts
After a long delay and several inquiries, I finally received my Vortex plate. Upon installation with my Venom, I found I could not zero the sight. With the elevation adjusted to full up (to the stop), it was still shooting low. I sent Vortex support a email and I was advised this is a known, common problem, and they recommended that I purchase a "Delrin Shim 1.0 Degree for Vortex Venom and Viper . . ." from UM Tactical, Inc. I did so, and that cured my problem (thick end of the shim to the rear). I am glad for this advice and a solution to my problem, but I feel if this is a problem known by Vortex, they should include the shim with their sights, or at least make it available upon request at no extra charge.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I put the Vortex Viper on my PDP. Worked great as is. It didn't need a shim. Shoots lights out.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Both of my plates I ordered were delivered in about a week. Maybe if you don't order an 02 plate, it takes longer?

·
Registered
13 Posts
After waiting forever I was excited when the yellow envelope from Walter finally arrived today only to be extremely disappointed. The plate inside the package is for a Q series not the PDP.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After waiting forever I was excited when the yellow envelope from Walter finally arrived today only to be extremely disappointed. The plate inside the package is for a Q series not the PDP.
You’re being sent a message. Q5 Match SF, my friend.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I currently have 3 Walther pistols and I am extremely disappointed with their customer support. I will not purchase any more and I am considering selling all three.
Which ones you got? What's the CS issue?

Reactions: Jimmo952
41 - 60 of 65 Posts