Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was at a gun show and saw the p22, I really liked the look and feel of it, but wanted something bigger than a .22 - did some research and found the p99. Saw one at a pawn shop and loved the feel of it, just felt right in my hands. Would have bought it there but they wanted 750 bucks for it. Went to the local gun shop and ordered it through him.

·
Registered
11 Posts
well truthfully i only shot a couple of guns before hand... a cobra .380 and then the 9mm P99...

well needless to say i LOVED the p99 over the cobra... also the designs and just the look of how they might feel in my hand... the p99 just seemed perfect... i was considering the H&K USP before that but i researched it and ehh... nvm... P99 is great...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Like noj, I started off looking at the P22, which I did buy, but one thing led to the other... At first the P99 left me a little disappointed with the "new" trigger and the placement of the controls, but after getting use to it and getting the trigger "broke in", I was I LOVE! Have been ever since...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I avoided them for years - simply because I hate James Bond, and that was his newest gun. Also, for years, I tended to have 1 polymer gun. But overall, I was not a fan.

Last summer, however, I had a chance to rent one at my local range. I rented it 3 times in total, and then I had to get one myself.

And now, after all these years and all the various guns that I have owned, traded and sold... All 6 of my current guns are polymer

Also... Last year, I bought a $1200 1911 - yet I always shot better with my SW99 clone than I did with that 1911. I no longer have that 1911, and while I love the design and always look at them at the store, I don't see much point in buying another 1911, when my SW99 and P99s shoot just as well, and are better designed

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Well this is kinda long story.....
I grew up and lived in Germany for 21 years. And going shooting there isn't easy and needless to say back in thos days I was on the wrong side of the fence as far as guns and politics are concerned.
Anyhow, after I came to the US I always wanted to go shooting. Back in the day I went with my wife and her .22lr Brah-gun. Everytime we came back I had a bloody webb since the thing was so small. I wasn't aware that it was so easy for a non US citizen to buy guns...
So when I decided to get a pistol, I started looking. First for Glocks since most say they are "it". But being German ( I lived 25 minutes from Ulm/Do)I had to look at what Walther had. I had always loved the PP/ PPK but didn't think it was what I wanted in a auto. I found the P99 online and then researched it ... found this forum and everybody here had nothing but good things to say.
Needles to say I went to a gunshop and grabbed one. Then another and another
Now I got 9 Walther guns and I don't think there is a end in sight.
I don't think there is many autos that come close to the ergonomics of the P99. I think it is well made and thought through and will last if propperly taken care of for many years

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great round. Havent had a flier yet. Good grouping and feels like a bigger bang than most all I have tried. Havent done any formal tests. Will be doing some on it.

Always shoots straight and does a number on a phone book.

Kinda hard to come by, but well worth it.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Well my first handgun I purchased, years ago, was a .22 version of the PPK. It was a great gun and a fun shooter. But soon after I got the cowboy bug and traded it on a .22 Colt Peacemaker. I went from a German legend to an American one. (Now I really wish I had kept that .22 Walther. YES, NEVER SELL A WALTHER). Anyway a few years back I ran across a P22 and I was just taken in by its tacticool appearance. I bought one and since I was accustomed to having two guns in shooting cowboy action, I got another. Well I had so much fun with these I began to do some research and decided I just had to have a P99. Found one in a local gun shop, date code KI and got it….well I now have two full size and one compact. The compact is a hoot. I think they are great guns and highly underrated and unappreciated. I also shoot a lot of lead bullets at steel so the fact that the P99 has no trouble shooting jacketed or lead bullets was an important factor.

Anybody can own a Glock but it takes a scholar and a gentleman to appreciate and own a Walther.  

1 - 14 of 14 Posts