Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not posted for a while and made several in the past few days. It indicates I cannot edit my posts. What is the problem. I have belonged here for more than a year.

Can a moderator e-mail me?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
They changed the software recently - upgraded to Vbulletin.

They decided to give some extra perks to the supporting members. Apparently, editing your posts is a feature for the supporting members now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I double posted because I didn't see the original post, now there are two in the classified. Pretty frustrating.I

wondered why there were so few posts on the board when I looked the other day. Sounds like a definitely user-unfriendly board. now.

What a shame. This used to be the one of the best Boards around.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
cigarman...
I removed one of your double posts.....
there are a few subforums that list the posts by title instead of last posting date, which might be the reson for you not seeing your first WTS ad....

hope this helps....
when you click on the trading post.... scroll all the way down and in the lower left cornere are boxes where you can change how the trading post lists the posts...
change it to "last posting date" and next to it pic "descending order" and the click the "show posts" and it will show you the trading post in a different format...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I just wanted to point out that Admin fixed this "problem" as last night....
The posts is the "general interest" section are now sorted by "last posting date" and in "descending order" just as they are in the rest of this Forum

Robert
thanks for taking the time to do this....

Oliver

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have not posted for a while and made several in the past few days. It indicates I cannot edit my posts. What is the problem. I have belonged here for more than a year.

Can a moderator e-mail me?

Thanks
Bill, great to hear from you again!

As mentioned by Uncut, there have been some costs associated with changing to this new forum software and a new hosting environment. We had a service outage about a month ago that lasted for days, and it's not the first time that has happened, so I decided we needed to find a new home.

Basically, some features are by 'subscription', which is only $10/year to help support the site. Even with the persons who have donated, we're still pretty far off from recovering the cost of the software and new hosting environment.

You can read more about the situation here:
http://www.waltherforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=27038&postcount=5

If it helps, we're using the same forum software they use over at Club Stogie, so if you know how that works, you should be right at home with this new software here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I just wanted to point out that Admin fixed this "problem" as last night....
The posts is the "general interest" section are now sorted by "last posting date" and in "descending order" just as they are in the rest of this Forum

Robert
thanks for taking the time to do this....

Oliver
Sorry that took so long. I thought it was fixed weeks ago, when you had asked me the first time, but it seems it didn't take, so I had to redo it.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Basically, some features are by 'subscription', which is only $10/year to help support the site. Even with the persons who have donated, we're still pretty far off from recovering the cost of the software and new hosting environment.
Yes, I know V Bulletin is $160, plus if U want to continue upgrades, ya gotta keep paying a few dollars after the first year. We needa upgrade at the PS90 forum too. The spammers are a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts