Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to have four or five mags for each of my pistol, but my primary carry, a Walther PPS, has only two. The reason? Well they cost so much more than any other mag I have ever bought. Is there a reason? Are there any good aftermarket alternatives? Thanks, and Happy New Year!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Best price I ever found was on eBay. Same price as many suppliers but most vendors ship free.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Not much more expensive than my SIG magazines, more than my Berettas (but there are SO many surplus ones out there), less than Glock (but then you have to shoot a Glock). I own 6 magazines for my PPS.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Look online; there are generally deals to be had. GunMagWarehouse is a good source, but there are others.
There's no percentage in messing with anything but factory or MecGar with Walthers.
Moon

·
Registered
320 Posts
Walther does not manufacture magazines. Walther mags are made by a company in Gussago, in the province of Brescia (which is not in Germany).

Balor
I always wondered were MecGar was located at in Italy. Now I have my answer!

Thanks Balor!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Walther does not manufacture magazines. Walther mags are made by a company in Gussago, in the province of Brescia (which is not in Germany).

Balor
I always wondered were MecGar was located at in Italy. Now I have my answer!

Thanks Balor!
According to their website their "manufacturing operations are housed in three modern facilities with more than 75,000 square feet located in both Gardone Val Trompia and Gussago in the Italian province of Brescia."

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'd say $30 to $35 is about normal for pistol mags. Cheaper is the exception, the main ones I can think of being Glock and Beretta. I'd say buy a bunch and be done with it. Just keep your carry mags separate from range mags, and it should be a long time before you need to replace any, if ever. I treat the mags for my P99s/PPQ pretty harshly and none have failed yet.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
BTW, CDNN usually has an assortment of factory mags at reasonable prices; you need to scan their ads.
Like GunMagWarehouse, they are good to deal with.
Moon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts