Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me why there are no holsters available for the P22Q?!?!?!?

No...I don't want a Fobus or Blackhawk.

I would LOVE a Safariland ALS to match my Glock....
or
I would LOVE a Blade Tech Signature holster...

WHY........is this SOOOO hard!!!!

(yes I know how to use google)

TIA, dc

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Mine fit a variety of holsters. 1911 and 9mm Shield for example. The one thing you have to watch when holstering the P22 is to not drag the front sight blade off. I like real leather holsters. 1917

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Boy howdy!!! Tell us how you really feel... Haha

I am in agreement with 1917-1911 on the leather being the better option. Flexible, and can form fit to your firearm. I forget which model the P22 sort of mimics, but get a leather holster for the basis for the copycat. Body heat and a sheet of wax paper (wax side OUT facing the inner leather of the holster, very important step!), and that sucker will form fit like a glove in almost no time at all. Wear it around the house whenever possible for a few days, along with wearing it out.

I think the term is etching, but you’ll see the high points of the pistol actually embedded into the leather, makes the holster a perfect fit.

I have used Galco with good luck, and for my full size 1911 I used to have really good luck with “The Holster Store” online. Only thing I had to adjust on theirs were their steel clips, they sometimes came sharp and hacked up my tee shirts. But 30 seconds with a cloth buffing wheel and some attention to detail and that problem goes away. I did the wax paper thing, as they came in only a general shape for the pistol, and in my apartment (at the time) I just holstered it as I would if going out, and just walked about and did things at home, or went down to the corner store for something, and after about a week of constantly doing it, no wax paper needed anymore.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Part of the problem is that the P22 isn't a self defense firearm. I doubt many are routinely carried open or concealed throughout the day. So, there probably isn't much market but plenty of small to medium holsters should work. You'd think Walther would make some options for their most popular little pistol. Sight options, holsters....but, not. 1917

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please tell me why there are no holsters available for the P22Q?!?!?!?

No...I don't want a Fobus or Blackhawk.

I would LOVE a Safariland ALS to match my Glock....
or
I would LOVE a Blade Tech Signature holster...

WHY........is this SOOOO hard!!!!

(yes I know how to use google)

TIA, dc
Suggest you log onto craftholsters.com. They are out of Slovakia. VERY good company. Very nice product. I just rec'd a shoulder holster for my .32 ACP Walther PP in black leather with twin-magazine pouch under right arm and with hold-down straps (engage thru trouser belt). Adjustable. Good fit. Shipped DHL Courier (signature req'd). Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts