Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm interested to see this polymer DAO gun, plus since I missed out on the PPQ FE, I'm hoping to pick this one up with a threaded barrel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do believe I may have a purpose for this gun!

With all the "gun talk" in the news recently I have been taking friends and family to the range to introduce them to guns outside of TV fakery. I took my mom two weeks ago and she already wants to go back and is interested in possibly having one.

She enjoyed the Walther and the HK I brought, with the Walther in the lead. A PPX might be just the thing for her! Time to get one for me to try out, then pass on to her, and steal occasionally....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I for one fell in love with the ppq because it wasn't like the others etc. I have no desire to go get a ppx I'll just keep looking for the ppq classics from here on out

·
Registered
16 Posts
After getting over its looks, I now think the PPX can fill a role for me. I've got the PPS 9mm for CC and the PPQ 9mm for the range, and now I've come around to the idea of using the PPX in .40 and a mounted light for home defense. I'd feel more comfortable having a moderately light DOA trigger with 14 rounds available vs the PPS with limited capacity or the PPQ with its light trigger if I had to sweep the house. Add to that its capability as a potent sidearm when I go hog hunting and it all starts to make sense, especially at its price point.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Maybe but MB is showing their new model tonight which will start at 29,900! :D
Yeah, but cars and firearms are two totally different ticket items.. A $500 gun vs a $30k car? C'mon. I really don't see the PPX as getting into the brand at a budget price when the flagship PPQ costs less than a Glock..lol

·
Registered
693 Posts
I really don't see the PPX as getting into the brand at a budget price when the flagship PPQ costs less than a Glock..lol
Actually the MSRP of Walther firearms sits in the $600-$700 range while similar Glock 17/19s sit in the $500-$600 range. You got a good deal though, that's nice.

Of course that assumes quality is based solely on MSRP.

I wish they released ppk chambered with 9mm luger
Me too :( sadly blowback operation and 9mm luger don't get along without a ridiculously heavy slide (think hi-point).

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pp-tp-series/27739-will-make-ppk-perfect.html

What Agent said. Given the design, the .380 ACP round is plenty. The 9mm would stretch the limits of what the average hand could take for range punishment. This topic also has been posted in two other spots, which is at least one too many. Let's return this thread to the OP's original intent, which is the PPX. Thanks.

To that end, I'm looking forward to getting a good look at the PPX. Not sure that I want to buy one, but I do want to see if it's closer to the PPS than it is the PK380.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
For $100 more, you can get the Q, or the P99 for you DA fans

$100 more, not $300, or $500.

Why compromise? :confused:

Adios, elephant in the room

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to handguns and I would consider the PPX if the reviews come back positive. The price and brand are the 2 factors that attract me to it. Before I found out about the PPX, I was considering the PPQ (and still am), but they seem a bit hard to find (M1) and a little on the pricey side for my first handgun.

·
Registered
56 Posts
this fills a huge niche. If the gun is solid operationally which i am sure it is . You have a smooth DA, polymer HG in the $400 price range.

I should get this but my heart is set on a PPQ . also would like to shoot it first but we'll see how the trigger actually feels. the ergos if anything like a PPQ thats a done deal.

the look of the gun is about mediocre but more of a concern is a little slop in the manufacturing. i could be wrong but i thought i seen a pick of the back end didnt look that great , i cant explain until i see it again , and for that matter the PPQ looks weird but who cares long as it does its job right.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked up a ppx today, Im excited to join the ranks of Walther owners. When i first read about the ppx I didnt think I would be interested at all considering like many others I had my heart set on a ppq and couldnt see the point of the ppx. That was til my local shop had a couple in stock. The ppx looks a lot better in person than in pictures, not as weird, still blocky compared to the ppq but actually not near as bad as most similar guns. Ive only handled the ppq a couple times before and to me the ppx fits just as well and feels very good in my hand which was why I wanted a ppq. The ppx trigger is what sold me, I have yet to fire mine considering Ive owned it for a good 3 hours now but dry firing it the trigger is very smooth with a reasonable amount of uptake and a crisp, clean break at the end. Needless to say Im excited, I feel ive gotten everything I wanted in a ppq in my new ppx, different mechanism, not as refined, but cheaper and of course available at this point in time. Im curious to hear other new owners opinions and reviews.

·
Registered
415 Posts
For $100 more, you can get the Q, or the P99 for you DA fans

$100 more, not $300, or $500.

Why compromise? :confused:

Adios, elephant in the room
Since Walther seems to have increased the price on the PPQ and the P99, the real world price difference is closer to $200 and that price is quiet hefty to some. I have handled 2 now and spent some rental time with one now and I argue its worth more than its $400 price point compared to other competitors (like glock).

·
Registered
56 Posts
RE : BOOG

I am not really an aesthetics guy in some respects although highpoints make me puke

the tail end of most semi autos look weird and most are asymmetrical ,the curvy taper and the dimple are not attractive on the Q . but i mostly dont care because the pistol is HQ and IMO top of the line (PPQ)
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by df2dot
the look of the gun is about mediocre but more of a concern is a little slop in the manufacturing.

B:
maybe.. but I don't understand why anyone would settle. you have $$, buy a HQ pistol

ME:
I honestly want both because i still trust a DA hammer much more than a striker and who wants a safety on a striker pistol, if at all ?

in terms of money i am with you even if you have to save for months get the PPQ IMO. I dont know the difference in actual quality but if i recall I seening the as$ end of the PPX and it looked sloppy ( could be thinking of something else ),. Sure it was a video

Quote:
Originally Posted by df2dot
the PPQ looks weird

no.

lol , it's different but i like it : P

21 - 40 of 62 Posts