Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if anyone knows if there are any armed forces or large police organizations who currently use P99's. I have read that Walther lost out to HK for the German Police contract. Is this pistol beginning to be used by other armed services around the globe, or is it pimarily civilian sales right now?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Actually I did a similar question but only dgallegos commented. It seems that either the p99 is not common among official bodies or people in this forum do not know

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
My department has issued the Walther P99QA in .40 S&W for about the last 4 years. They have Trijicon nite sights. So far there hasn't been any problems or complaints. I'm not sure if any other departments in Wisconsin use them.

Hope it helps

gunner

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can't tell for all the police in Spain, but I was glad to see an attractive policewoman in Barcelona carring a P99 . It was a year ago during my vacation.
Due to the total lack of Spanish and total presence of my wife couldn't strike any friendly conversation about the advantages of the Walther.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Not only Spain, but some police in England use the P990 (one of them being Notinghamshire), the Miami county sheriff's department in Florida, and last week we had some employees from our German division here and they told me that the police are using the P99 in some parts of Germany. I've also seen many Wells Fargo security personell with them on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, I can't imagine the look of the police officer in Barcelona with her P99 !

Here in Colombia, the P99 has gone through trials with the Army but has not been adopted, probably due to its relatively short barrel. Still Beretta F92, CZ 75 and Jericho 941 are official hand guns

Dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
gunner:
Very cool! A friend of mine may want to trade patches if you have one to spare.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I can track an extra one down for your friend. If you want I can try an get a patch from some of the local PD's.

gunner

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greetings..

This is my first post.....I am getting a P99 .40 for Xmas... actually its here and wrapped up!!!

I understand that the Montreal Police have been issued P99s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts