Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious in purchasing a Walther P99 AS in 9mm; however, I have a question regarding potential warranty work after purchase. Who performs the warranty work when needed, Walther USA or S&W? How long are the warranties? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Walther USA/Waltheramerica and S&W are one and the same ......
If your P99 should need service they are only requiered to honor the one year warranty that they offer.... however if you do a search on this Forum, you will notice that S&W does their best to take care of customers owning Walthers or S&W's alike....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks, are there any "known" issues with the current P99 AS' series in 9mm?
As joked about above, their only problem is availability... it took me nearly six months to find a 9mm or .40 P99 AS in the Houston area. I went to Gander Mountain just last week (thinking about a buying a second P99) and they searched the entire nation, there were only three available at Gander Mountain stores in all of America... and they are a certified Walther retailer if you can believe that. Usually the best place to find them locally is at the "finer" weapons dealers, people that deal in new and antiques... Or you could always try gunbroker.com.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
A quick scan of this forum's For Sale/Trade section confirms that they show up from time to time right here as well, though you have to be mighty quick to get them, it seems. But it's worth keeping an eye trained here and on some of the other gun forums.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I found one and bought one today. My particular piece is an AS version. I'll have to wait to shoot it, perhaps this weekend if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, I found one and bought one today. My particular piece is an AS version. I'll have to wait to shoot it, perhaps this weekend if I'm lucky.

gtmtnbiker98:

Betcha' you'll be amazed at the accuracy of the P99/AS... :D

JP

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope so, but my current collection is hard to beat. I'm coming from the Sig, Glock, and M&P camp. I just performed the initial cleaning and the fit and finish reminds me of the old W. German stamped steel Sigs - test target and all. Oh how I miss the old days.

I have recognized many users from Glocktalk on this board so I already feel at home. What a small World.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My experience is that various distributors tend to have the 40 cal more than the 9mm and the QA more often than the AS.
When my distributors get a shipment of AS trigger P99's they tend to sell out fast.

When I ordered my 2007 P99, the distributor had 22 of them in stock. In 24 hours they were sold out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
we haven't had trouble around here finding one. I bought mine last July 4th at Sportsman Warehouse. They had both AS and QA, and they have had it everytime I went there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hope so, but my current collection is hard to beat. I'm coming from the Sig, Glock, and M&P camp. I just performed the initial cleaning and the fit and finish reminds me of the old W. German stamped steel Sigs - test target and all. Oh how I miss the old days.

I have recognized many users from Glocktalk on this board so I already feel at home. What a small World.
Sir, I also came from the same background prior to getting a Walther P99 QA (Mostly Sigs, Glocks, S&W M&Ps and XDs). I have my Walther P99 QA currently on layaway, but I looked at it yesterday and I like the look and feel of it. Very comfortable to hold and it comes with some good quality sights (better then the polymer sights that come basic on Glocks). I also came from Glocktalk.com too. Welcome to the board. I hope the Walter P99 QA shoots as good as it looks and feels.

Take Care and God Bless!

Ronin:)

·
Registered
335 Posts

Just a new family photo.. :)

J.Pomeroy

·
Registered
335 Posts
I must say you have a beautiful family. ;)

Thanks!

Looks like my new PPS is going to wind up replacing my previous favorite P99c/AS for cc... It's just so "thin" and much easier to carry concealed, and the larger white dot sights are a real plus for me.. The PPS isn't "quite" as accurate as the P99c/AS, but at self defense range it's accurate enough.

Here's a photo of the target after I shot my first magazine thru the PPS. It was only from 7', two hands, (freezing cold), but I was more than satisfied with the results. I'm a senior citizen with declining vision and shaky hands but even so I think "up close and personal" I could probably hit something.

Best Wishes,

J.Pomeroy

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks J. Pomeroy, with all of your pictures of the PPS I'm going to have to buy one!

gtmtnbiker98:

You are more than welcome,

And you will be happy camper with a new PPS! (or biker):D :D

Best Wishes,

J.Pomeroy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts