Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
M1 Paddle for the win. I'd much rather use a trigger finger to release the mag. Feels more natural and in some cases I have to alter grip with button release. P365 I swapped the button to the trigger finger side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The only way to get your hands on a PPS Classic (or M1 🙄) as Walther now retroactively calls it is to buy used....

I wouldn't be afraid to buy a used PPS..
I bought mine used 2 years ago. Never a problem with it. Accurate and reliable. It is my EDC gun. I prefer the paddle release because my other 9mm is a HK P2000 V3. Being left handed the paddle release is very useful and natural to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had an M1 and traded it in for a M2... they are both great shooters... and yeah I regret selling my M1, should have kept it. I intended to get a FDE M1 and never found one.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Paddles beat buttons all day long. PPS Classic, P99AS, P99cAS. Why go for the stripped down PPQ when you can have the real thing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stumbled across a brand spanking new PPS M1 9mm at a local show last weekend and jumped on it. So glad I did! Nothing against the new one, but I am much more preferential to the looks of the M1 and the release paddles like my P99. BE code on the slide which means it was made back in 2015 I believe, so there are still some new M1s out there if you look hard enough!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I could never get past the blocky feel of the grip. The gun did not fit me. It also wasn't reassuring that the backstrap might dislodge and cause it to become inoperable.

In sharp contrast, the M2 is quite comfortable. Feels "natural".

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I liked the M1 so much I own 4 of them. I much prefer the paddles. I might have added an M2, but Walther saw fit to make the magazines incompatible and I own a lot of them, so no thanks Walther.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Another PPS M1 fan here. Of my single stack guns, and I have a variety (S&W, Kahr, and others) the M1 is my favorite. I even like it over the M2.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bought a PPS 1 b/c the paddles made for no-think mag changes across all my different carry pistols. I kept it because it's flipping accurate as all get out.

·
Super Moderator
2,192 Posts
Bought a PPS 1 b/c the paddles made for no-think mag changes across all my different carry pistols. I kept it because it's flipping accurate as all get out.
I used to shoot paddles. Now I shoot buttons.

I think both can work well depending on how a gun fits an individual hand.

But like you are eluding to, for best results, it's probably best to stick to one system or the other.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a PPS Mod 1 in both 9 mm and .40 S&W. Great handguns. I am not familiar with the Mod 2 at all.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I prefer the PPS M1. The only minor complaint is the really stupid backstrap that can disable the gun if removed. Why, oh why, would anyone design a gun this way?? Easily remedied with a temporary grip sleeve or permanent super-glue solution. I wear that dust proudly, from honest holster carry.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts