Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm looking for those with actual hands on experience with the SW99 in .45 acp to tell what they think of it. I already have a couple of P99s in .40 and have a few 1911s, and I'm wondering if this piece would be a nice "middle ground" pistol. None of my local shops has one to lay hands on... Is that a clue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had one. It was very nice as expected. But it was too large for my small hands. The front to back grip is longer than the 99 in the smaller calibers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got to shoot one and loved it. Having large hands and it felt great to me. I've tried for months to find one to buy with no luck. I am going to a gun show next week with any luck they will have one.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my lightly "pre-owned" SW99 .45 today and REALLY like it. It's pretty funny too that I have better luck shooting it than with my Kimbers! (Ultra and Custom sizes)
To me, it's a perfect hybrid of the "big ball" .45 with the familiar "AS" controls of the P99 at a fraction of the cost to boot.

ylide: You're not going to like this... $335 shipped, $5 FFL fee to catch it. (Gotta love Texas)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=38628207

1 - 4 of 4 Posts