Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title asks, who has an early serial numbered PPK? What year is it from? Show us some pictures and brag about it.馃榾
Larry

Premium Member
Supposedly all, or most PPK's in Bond films, are Manurhin origin even though they're called Walther which everyone has heard of - or so I understand.
In most Bond movies post-war PPK models were used which were pre-manufactured by Manurhin in Mulhouse of course, but assembled, finished, and marked in Ulm as Walther. So there's nothing wrong to call them Walther PPK. The statement on Manurhin's website to which you presumably refer didn't reflect this fact accurately, but was ambiguous probably intentionally. A Manurhin marked Bond PPK hasn't been seen on screen so far.

Registered
In most Bond movies post-war PPK models were used which were pre-manufactured by Manurhin in Mulhouse of course, but assembled, finished, and marked in Ulm as Walther. So there's nothing wrong to call them Walther PPK. The statement on Manurhin's website to which you presumably refer didn't reflect this fact accurately, but was ambiguous probably intentionally. A Manurhin marked Bond PPK hasn't been seen on screen so far.
Thanks and yes I did read this on the Manurhin site and took this as accurate, I stand corrected - as I knew I would be :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine are from1934 & 1935.
Shepherd,
That is what I was really hoping for! Please show us some pictures of your early PPK's. I know it would be impossible to find, but I have wondered what the first PPK serial number was. Some charts say they started in 1930 and others say 1931. I also understand that early on, both PP's and PPK's were manufactured during the same serial number range. If I remember correctly, I think I read that very early, there were more PP's made than PPK's in the serial number range. I believe the guess was 5 to 1 PP's, but no proof to those numbers. What do you folks think?

Please keep showing pictures and serial numbers of your early PPK's and we can see who has the earliest one on the forum. Thanks.
Larry

Registered
Mine is a 1935, with out mag release button in 7,65. It also doesn鈥檛 have markings PDM but has heel release.
Any thoughts or additional info on this one?
8529XX is serial numbers. I鈥檓 leaving out 2 numbers at end.
Would like to know a little more on how rare this one is if anyone knows.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rufus, please show us some more pictures of your pistol. I don't think I have ever seen one with the mag heel release, and your picture doesn't show it. From what I see, it looks nice. Thanks.
Larry

Registered
Acc. to the book mentioned in post #8 Dieter Marschall wrote: #852571 - #853425 (no closed SN-block), w.o. PDM markings.

Registered
Acc. to the book mentioned in post #8 Dieter Marschall wrote: #852571 - #853425 (no closed SN-block), w.o. PDM markings.
Yes I found an older post with that exact info in here but I have seen nothing else further about this specific combination. I鈥檓 curious to as what it might be worth. I鈥檓 still paying on it at a pawn shop

Registered
Rufus, please show us some more pictures of your pistol. I don't think I have ever seen one with the mag heel release, and your picture doesn't show it. From what I see, it looks nice. Thanks.
Larry

here鈥檚 the best ones showing no button, no PDM marking, serial number is in that range that Martin posted and heel release is there.
mag is not original.
Please anyone let me know if you know more on this or have seen another?
Also any idea of what it might be worth?
Thanks in advance.

Registered
Dieter H. Marschall is also a board member. You can PM him for historical informations (but only w. naming the full SN ;)). But he (same me) can't value the gun for the US-market, sorry.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rufus, do you know how many were made with the heel release? I am a newbie, but I had never seen one before. Do you have others?
Larry

Registered
Heel release was the standard on PP(K) chambered in 9mm kurz. Polizei Direktion M眉nchen (PDM) bought some guns chambered in 7,65mm w. heel release and DURALMIN frame, but I don't know the numbers...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts