Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
159 Posts
Hey Cigarman, let me know if you run into a similar problem with your SW99 AS in .45 ACP that I've had with mine:

When only 3 rounds are left in the mag, the pistol will, on occasion, go to slide lock.

This happens with different types of ammo, including Federal American Eagle, Cor-Bon, and Winchester White Box, and with different magazines, and it doesn't happen consistently.

I've sent it back to S&W twice, and both times they replaced the slide lock bar and spring.

The thing is, I've shot many, many thousands of rounds through my P99 AS in 9mm with not one, 0, nein, problems in many IDPA matches and informal blasting sessions at New Holland and Atglen (I know you live close to me as we talked before when I sold you the Nill grips with finger rest for your P5).

I was hoping to use the SW99 for some bigger firepower. Not so sure now.

Weird.

-Jeff

· Premium Member
159 Posts
Have not had time to try it out recently due to shoulder surgery.

As far as the magazine goes, below are some pictures of the mags I use. All are the same in appearance to me - the black finish is by ARS - I don't like the shiny blue that comes from the factory so I have them re-done for better rust resistance.

Anyway, let me know if this mag appears to have the same setup as the .40 S&W mags which cause the premature slide-lock problems.

Thanks,
Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.