Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one a year ago and I am wondering what does anyone think about their accuracy? I was watching that Matt Damon movie the Bourne Supremecy and noticed toward the end of the movie he was using a P5C. I watched him hit the bad guy between the eyes while falling down 5 flights of stairs. OK, so that is just hollywood:( .

I can never achieve any great results with mine, I mean I can keep all the rounds on an 8x11 sheet of paper at 25 yards, but I demand match grade accuracy from all my 9mm Walthers. My P99's I can group usually in the 3 to 4 inch range and my P5 about 5 to 7, but the P5C is all over the paper. I have even tried supported bench rest (which I am never anygood at anyhow) and still I am all over the paper. Maybe it is just too short a barrel, or maybe my copy is just not accurate. I know with the raising firing pin, the trigger really sucks on all the p5 series pistols, I know that's causing some of my problem. Any thoughts:confused:

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I know this much: Anytime you want to unload your P5c, a host of willing buyers would line up with raised arms and open wallets to take it off your hands. :) As to the P5 trigger, I've found that it is every bit the equal of anything that Walther has ever made in the same series (P38). I shoot a P5 often and would match it up with the P99 any day of the week. Hate to say it, and hope I'm wrong, but your P5c might just be an oddity.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Just a suggestion: Next time you're at a range, let someone else shoot it and see if his experience matches yours.

M

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never rule out that the shooter (me) can always be the problem. I need to have someone else try it. I may just need more practice. MJP13, those grips look great, I like to keep my Walthers stock, but your grips look every bit as nice as Nills. Thanks for the responses.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I never rule out that the shooter (me) can always be the problem. I need to have someone else try it. I may just need more practice. MJP13, those grips look great, I like to keep my Walthers stock, but your grips look every bit as nice as Nills. Thanks for the responses.
+1 to that -- the grips are very handsome, indeed. Are those not Nills grips? They sure do dress up the P5 nicely.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1 to that -- the grips are very handsome, indeed. Are those not Nills grips? They sure do dress up the P5 nicely.
No, those are not Nills, but do look great. I could be wrong, but I remember a while back, maybe it was Uncut and someone else was having grips made for their P5C's, maybe that's those.
Maybe MJP will come back and tell us.

ANYONE ELSE out there own a P5c who can comment on the accuracy of their copy???

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
These are Nill grips on the P5c.....
I had grips made for my PP Super only....

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are Nill grips on the P5c.....
I had grips made for my PP Super only....
I stand corrected, I now remember about the PP Super grips. These don't look like Nills I have seen on P5's, I have never seen P5c Nills though. I wonder what the logo is at the bottom of the grips, I can't see it clearly. Maybe it because these are checkered, and I have only seen the stipled Nills.

·
Registered
34 Posts
banddr2-

They are the Nill "Rhomlas" checkered grips.
The logo at the bottom are the initials of the manufacturer "KN".

They provide a decent grip without being too coarse.

I highly recommend them, though pricey.

-Michael

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I think that a P5 without a set of Nill grips is just like a day without sunshine. ;)
Jake: If you lived in perpetually rainy Oregon -- the OTHER place in the world where the sun doesn't shine -- you'd have to change your tune a bit. But you are correct about P5s and Nill grips; that is one stunning combination. :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, so after work today I had a little free time (doesn't happen often) and I decided to take my P5C out back and see if I could improve my target shooting. I picked up my box of 9mm and only had about 25 rds of Win White Box left:( . So I warmed up with 8 rnds, then I carefully shot one string at 15 yards and the last 6 rounds at 25 yards. Only one try, I like pressure. Here are my results:

As you can see the shorter range is very acceptable, but they spread out when I tack on another 10 yards. I did notice that my better shots were when I snapped the trigger a little quicker, when I used a very slow pull my shot spread out more, just the opposite of what I am used to. I think I need to quit whining and practice more with it. My P99 QA, AS and P38 are just easier to shoot and require less practice for fine target work, I am spoiled by them:D .

PS, I am thinking of losing the gold lettering on the P5C. It is just paint and I can remove it. I can't decide, it is not a carry gun, but for show, so maybe I should leave it alone. Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I am thinking of losing the gold lettering on the P5C. It is just paint and I can remove it. I can't decide, it is not a carry gun, but for show, so maybe I should leave it alone. Any opinions?
I wouldn't touch it. The thing is a real beauty -- a work of art. You wouldn't dabble with a Rembrandt or touch up a Van Gogh. Why in the world would you consider dinking with perfection? Easy for me to say, I realize -- but that is a truly fine-looking P5C. Congrats to you for having one in that condition. :)

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I agree 100%. If you touch it, it should be taken from you and given to someone more appreciative....maybe me perhaps....:rolleyes:
Wait a minute, bucko. I called first dibs on that puppy. There's no way I'm gonna let you hornswaggle yer way in on the deal! :D

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't think you guys understand. I put the gold lettering on in the first place, I didn't make that clear, sorry. But I do like it, I am just torn between the gold lettering and the original before I put the lettering on. I guess I need on of each:eek: .

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Okay, my bad, you have first dibs...:D
Jake: Maybe, like Solomon, we can split it down the middle? Either way, it's a dandy -- a truly beautiful example of the P5.

And even though the gold lettering was added after the fact (thanks for clearing that up, BandDoc), I don't think that I'd mess with it. It's a gem and would look good in a lot of gun safes -- my own included. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts