Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, who carries a full size p99? where? What types of holsters do you all use? I want to carry mine but need help on what to buy to conceal it. Im kinda the skinny type guy. I usually wear polo shirts and khaki pants.
Any Help?:confused:

·
Registered
162 Posts
P99 S&W40 Old Style

I carry a P99 S&W 40 in a Blade Tech UCH (IWB) at about 1:30 appendix.
I have used a Kramer OWB in the past (about six years).
I would caution you to keep in mind the year of producton and caliber when ordering a holster. There are minor differences which will affect the fit.:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is that a P99 or are you just happy to see me?

For skinny guys who like tight clothes, its either smartcarry or thunderwear.

If you really want to conceal carry, I'd like to suggest this fine African cream and gold grand buba embroidred in gold with a matching pants and kufi hat.

Not only does it give you many options for concealed carry of your p99, people won't notice your AR-15, Mossberg shotgun and M203 40mm grenade launcher either. Extra mags can be conveniently stored in the kufi hat for fast reloads.:)

·
Registered
335 Posts
FWIW:

I have the P99c/AS and the P99/AS.

I prefer to cc the compact, but under certain conditions I might cc the fullsize, so I was hoping to find a iwb holster which would do the job for both.

I wound up buying a FIST Kydex holster. Another member here posted the pictures of his FIST holsters in an earlier thread, and I checked them out. They are about the "slimmest" iwb's you find, and the price is IMO very reasonable.

When I ordered the FIST Kydex iwb I asked them if the holster would fit both the compact and the fullsize P99's. The person taking the order said "no problem, we'll cut for the compact, and mold for the full-size".. No extra charge, and I think the price was $34.95 + shipping.

When the holster came it is certainly not the prettiest holster I've ever owned, but what it lacks in appearance it more than makes up for in performance.

Both of my P99's fit perfect in the FIST, lock in with a satisfying "snick" and you can hold the holster upside down with the pistol in it and it will not fall out. Yet, the firearm withdraws very easily.. The holster retaining clip seems of excellent quality, and is designed so that the bottom lip "locks" under the bottom of your belt, so stays put when you draw the pistol.

I would recommend the FIST Kydex iwb holster without reservation. The folks I dealt with at FIST seemed professional and courteous.. In the future I hope to order another identical holster for both my J-frame Smiths and D Frame Colts..

Check 'em out.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Skir68,
You know you are probably going to have to get a few holsters in order to meet various needs. I hate to say it but kind of like my wife and her purses but not quite that bad. As for me I have kept mine selections down to just two. I have a very nice F.E.D. paddle by Galco. It is sort like a “Sunday” holster, nice leather and suede lined…but the holster that I use the most is my Fobus paddle, simple, tough and cheap. And it fits both full size and compact, old and new frame styles.
;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys, i got an aws holster today...a little long but i can wear it inside the belt, altho its not as thin as i would like it, it was only 17 bucks!..anyways, its okay with the shirt un-tucked, but your holster looks thinner and just maybe i can find one around here in central florida that will fit better.

THANKS!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Waiting on my Versa Max II from Milt Sparks.

FWIW, I find with a IWB holster and a Tommy Bahama type shirt (tucked or untucked) I'm good with my government sized .45. I hope the P99 does as well once the leather come in.

Good Luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
p-99 in a comp tac

my friend carries his P99 in a Comp TAC under a bussiness shirt everyday at his office.

I use a similar holster for my Taurus Millenium, my P99 is at home but I don't carry it much, except at the range in a Fobus

But the Comp TAC is really good, I use mine for appendix carry.

saludos

·
Registered
88 Posts
I carry a fullsize P99 daily.

The vast majority of the time I carry in a Tucker "The Answer", which is basically a more comfortable version of the CTAC holster. It's very effective, but at $115, I'd look at the Versa Max for a great holster at a great price.

When not carrying IWB, I carry in a Lou Alessi Bodyguard shoulder rig. This is a great setup for shoulder carry. Easily the most comfortable shoulder rig I've ever tried. If they are making them with the pull through snap that fit Walther trigger guards, I'd get that. When I bought mine, they only offered the thumb strap so that's what I have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use a blackhawk pancake holster to carry my p99QA. It keeps it pretty close to the body. I have it on my right, on the 4 o'clock of my hips. As long as I'm not wearing tight shirts you can't tell that it is there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts