Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While inspecting a Walther PP in chrome, I found this stamping on rear of slide.

It is a RFV 9623W made in 1937. My other PP's do not have this.

Best Regards,

Mario

·
Registered
284 Posts
Interesting. That's the same stamp used by Walther to indicate "updated/improved parts" on post-war guns, like the P-1 and P-5. It's apparently a stamp they had used earlier? Or, could it be this PP was sent back to Walther for some work, post-war? Just speculating here; not giving a definitive answer...

Reactions: brunrox

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. That's the same stamp used by Walther to indicate "updated/improved parts" on post-war guns, like the P-1 and P-5. It's apparently a stamp they had used earlier? Or, could it be this PP was sent back to Walther for some work, post-war? Just speculating here; not giving a definitive answer...
Interesting ...

Colt had a 5 point star stamped on the trigger guard of of the Single Actions that were re-worked at their factory...You may be on to something .

My next step is to field strip it and see if I find anything else.

Best regards,

Mario

·
Registered
923 Posts
Interesting ...

Colt had a 5 point star stamped on the trigger guard of of the Single Actions that were re-worked at their factory...You may be on to something .

My next step is to field strip it and see if I find anything else.

Best regards,

Mario

Unrelated the Walther pre war and war time runes on the Walther guns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.