Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in an interesting delima and would like the opinions of the forum members on which to choose. I am interested in 2 guns both Walther P99's but with catches.

1) Stamped AD (2003) P99 new in box with laser etched "Walther" not a stamped logo. .40 cal AS, but is not stamped AS. It comes with 3 10 round mags and all other stuff original in box (backstraps, etc.) for $550 plus tax. Immediate pick up at local store.

2) Stampled AH (2007) P99 AS new in box .40 cal with 2 12 round mags and all the goodies for $579 plus tax. Immediate pick up but have to drive 1.5 hours to buy

3) New in box 2007 P99 AS the same as above (#2) but it would have to be ordered for $565 plus tax and it will take about a 1.5 weeks to arrive in store ordered by local shop so no other fees with transfers and such.

Part of me would just like to go ahead and buy the ones avialable on hand and be happy, but I would like to see what others say. The only difference I can see between 1 and 2 would be the extended mag release. Is that worth the extra $30? I am not sure. Also the mags are different with one being 10 rounds but I would have 3, the other having 12 rounds but I would have 2.

Suggestions please. :confused:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
3 looks the best bet. Personally I would go with 1. I like the older frame style although I own two of the newer style. If you do go with 1 I would beware of mag problems. Some of the early .40's had mag base plate problems. SW will take good care of you but you need to know of this in advance.

Where in KY?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would buy them in the order you listed.

I'd buy #1 first because it's available for immediate pick up. Then I'd take the short trip to pick up #2, and then I'd go pick up #3 in a couple of weeks. Duh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts