Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this long, excellent post written on tactical lights compatibility -- then I went back and re-read Dr Lunde's FAQ's on the P99 and answered my own question.

Has anybody bought the GG&G conversion kit for the 2004 P99's to mount the M3 or M6 lights? Does it only work with the M3/M6 lights -- or would it work with the SureFire X200A? That is designed for any Glock (Universal) or Picatinny rail system.

If it works, it sounds like it would be worth it -- I could use the light on either my P99 or my Glock.

Any experiences?

Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I have the m3 light and am satisfied with it. I assume the X200a is brighter, but it also costs a lot more... I say go with the M3, or the version that fits the stock P99

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. At this point, I'm considering practicality and versatility. If I can use it on more than one gun, then it's a big plus. I just can't believe that when Walther gave up the proprietary rail, they didn't make one that would accomodate one of the most popular lights in the business without another adapter! I guess the terms "universal" and "standard" aren't, really!

BTW, congrats on the new gun. Those Inox Berettas are awesome looking. I really want one -- but I want a decocker only version (like the 92G-SD). I don't like the Vertec grip, so an Elite is out and the Elite II is a two-tone...yuck! A 92G-SD Inox with Hogue grips and an M3 light...now THAT would be an awesome pistol! Sounds like you got the next best thing...enjoy!

Jim

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Sorry, I can't help ya with that.

As for the Beretta, I liked the Elite 2, and I would have bought it - but the sites are all black w/ no dots. I was disappointed. I also could have gotten the gun you like, but I already have a standard black Beretta, and I wanted something at least a little different. As for the Vertec grip, it fits my hand better than the original. BUt, we all have out different tastes

·
Registered
15 Posts
For cost reasons, I'll be purchasing the Springfield Armory XML light. Says it fits on any standard picatinny rail. I know ours is a shorter rail, but if you check out the rail on the XD Compact it's much shorter than ours, and I've seen them with this light on it. So for less than $100, it's going on my P99.

Springfield Armory XML Page

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would agree that a light/laser combo is the thing to get. Hard to believe they are so spendy though. I mean they are orders of magnitude easier to make than our guns but some of them are almost as expensive!

·
Registered
328 Posts
The GG&G adapter goes on the M3 light and changes the mount to work on the Walther.
I received an E mail from GG&G saying it is in stock. and available.

unless it's less money just get the M5, it is made to fit the Walther rails

·
Registered
37 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (madecov @ Mar. 31 2005,3:30)]The GG&G adapter goes on the M3 light and changes the mount to work on the Walther.

M5s fit the NEW P99 rails, not the proprietary walther rails (pre 2004)!

·
Registered
328 Posts
correct.
I have a Laser Devices light designed for the older 2003 proprietary rail. It fits perfect and sits well on the weapon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (green5 @ June 17 2005,10:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (madecov @ Mar. 31 2005,3:30)]The GG&G adapter goes on the M3 light and changes the mount to work on the Walther.

M5s fit the NEW P99 rails, not the proprietary walther rails (pre 2004)!
What?!?! damnit, good thing I didnt buy one yet I guess.... Thanks for the heads up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts