Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a .40 P99 in OD. The trigger guard is round similar to the SW99 while all of the black Walthers I have seen have the more squared/triangle front guard. Why?

Mine also has a longer mag release so I think it's a newer model. Correct?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
In 2004, they changed it. Then, in 2005, there is another slight change, with a longer mag release. So, all P99s made in 2003 and before have the rounder trigger guard and the closed rail.

I personally like the newer frame style myself.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
It should be a "AF" (2005) date code or newer
in 2005 they changed the mag release to the longer one.....
*edit
well I should not multytask.... I am not sure as of the friggerguard change in the 2005 and newer model... I have only seen one and that just for s short time... so it might be that there is 3 variations...
below you see the pre 2004 and the 2004 style frames... and then you got your own with the long mag release

2004 frame

pre 2004 frame

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
yes this is the 2004 model....
should say "AE" (2004) as date code

however you said your magrelease was longer.......so I am a bit confused if yours looke like the one in the pic or not..

maybe ShipWreck can post a pic of his P99.... I thought he had the 2005 model with long mag release....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Aug. 31 2006,12:27)]yes this is the 2004 model....
should say "AE" (2004) as date code

however you said your magrelease was longer.......so I am a bit confused if yours looke like the one in the pic or not..

maybe ShipWreck can post a pic of his P99.... I thought he had the 2005 model with long mag release....
I think it has a longer mag release. (I haven't picked it up yet.) The trigger guard is the same though.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
If the triggerguard looks similar and the mag release is about 2 times longer... it is a 2005 or newer..... "AF" or "AG" on the barrel the "AG" would mean a 2006 though I have not seen one as of yet....

let us know when you get it.....

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Well thanks Shipwreck.....
you must have posted as I wrote... when I started the pic was not there yet....
anyhow... so here is a pic of a 2005 or newer version of the P99.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Sep. 01 2006,1:30)]I have yet to see a green A/S with that longer mag release... It's gotta be a QA.
Yeah it's a QA. I wanted the AS but I bought it from a buddy of mine for $360 with four mags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts