Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the "my walther fan page" and I was looking at the reviews for P99's. It seemed from the tests that the QA models might be more accurate. The only head to head test of the P99 P990 and P99QA were of the .40sw veriety, but the QA was tops on this test. Of those who have both, have you ever tested them on a bench or sand bag head to head?

I'm just curious because I have a P99 sa/da waiting to be shipped to my FFL which I ordered because the gun shop I buy from only carries QA models(They said the P99AS could not be ordered). Anyway, I found an AS actually a 2003 sa/da and I'm wondering if I could saved alot of time and just bought a QA.

Thanks,
Chris Cahill

·
Registered
328 Posts
I doubt there is a difference in the inherent accuracy of the guns because of the trigger.

The accuracy in the guncs may vary do to a shooters ability to fire one better versus an another.

I have an AS model and it is one damn accurate handgun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was in the same a few weeks ago. When I was st the shop I told them I wanted the p99 looked in the book all they had listed were the p99qa simple enough had a look myself to see I mentioned I would much rather have the compact version it was not listed but a week later shure enuogh there it was. I believe the accuracy part plays on the pull of the triger the shorter or lighter pulls have a better chance of keeping the gun where its pointed since it would be stupid to carry an as in sa that would leave it only in da hence a longer harder pull than the qa with its constant pull. I love the qa with a little practice you can empty a full mag in little to no time. In either event dry fire the gun at the shop if you do not like the way the pull is just do not get it. All of wathers guns are dead on.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I had 3 P99's and 4 P99 QA's at one time. I now only have the 4 P99 QA's. One reason is they are more accurate than the standard P99's or the AS now.

I think wildrooster hit it on the head. It has something to do with the trigger. Personally I think its due to the QA trigger doesn't come all the way back to the frame. The shorter trigger pull of the QA also has something to do with it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I think my next gun might be a QA with titanium slide. I shoot XD's which have a fully engauged striker, but I think they are similar to the QA. I love the springfield so I think I'll love the QA as well.

I've already paid for the P99, and I'm sure I'll love it. I just think the QA would have suited me just fine. I go hung up on the fact that it was "DA like"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts