Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an all stainless Sig P232. It's still in handgun jail; I haven't taken possession of it yet.

It's outfitted now with those large hogue (I think) rubber grips.

Those grips, while comfy, lack the class this pistol deserves.

What grips are available and recommended for this gun?

Its a classy gun and deserves a nice set of shoes.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
My son has one as his duty back up gun and the rubber grips can lead to problems with the trigger reset, rubbing on the trigger bar.
Not a lot of choices out there that I am aware of.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andyd for your input. The gun is coming with those rubber grips.

I went ahead and purchased some
Hogue aluminum checkered grips for the gun.

One of these days, perhaps I'll stumble on to some nice walnut grips for the gun.

The aluminum should be practical though. Sleek, checkered and durable. At least I hope so.

I'll post some picture when I take possession of the pistol.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's interesting your son is using the gun as a backup piece. Pretty cool to hear.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I think it's interesting your son is using the gun as a backup piece. Pretty cool to hear.
Sorry for responding so late but I have not been over here a lot lately. With so many of our most contributing members withdrawn, it is like walking through a ghost town - a desert for those thirsting for knowledge :).

My son's department does not allow so many back-up guns and he decided right after the academy on the P232. At that time he wasn't Glock certified and carried a P226. Now that he switched to a Glock 17, he still keeps the P232. Despite its weight, he can shoot it very well and likes it.

How do you like the Hogue aluminium grips? I will check into them.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for responding so late but I have not been over here a lot lately. With so many of our most contributing members withdrawn, it is like walking through a ghost town - a desert for those thirsting for knowledge :).

My son's department does not allow so many back-up guns and he decided right after the academy on the P232. At that time he wasn't Glock certified and carried a P226. Now that he switched to a Glock 17, he still keeps the P232. Despite its weight, he can shoot it very well and likes it.

How do you like the Hogue aluminium grips? I will check into them.
My gun is still awaiting approval from formally great state of Illinois.

With so many guns being purchased and funds being cut from that department, approvals are taking way longer than the old 3-days.

I'll post a few pictures once I have the gun.

I didn't realize the State was moving so slowly on new purchases.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I have a set of Hogue checkered aluminum grips in blue that I used to have on my CZ75. Currently I switch between those, a set of purple aluminum grips from CZ, and a set of wood grips from CZ.

The Hogue grips fit perfectly and are a nice mat blue that matches the flat black pistol. The checkering isn't too aggresive so they feel good in my hand but combined with the steel frame they are very cold on anything but a warm day. These are probably my favorite of the three. When I bought these Hogue offered them in blue, red, green, black, and silver.

The purple CZ aluminum grips have a more aggressive checkering and sharper angles. It's also got a glossier finish so it's a bit flashy. I bought them because purple is my favorite color and they have the CZ logo. Both of these aluminum grips are pretty flat in construction.

The wood grips are the thickest and have a bit of a palm swell to them but are still very comfortable. They're thick enough for me to rest my thumb on the top edge. These also have the CZ logo. I don't know what kind of wood they used but the color is too red for my taste.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am looking forward to the pics and your impression of the difference in handling between the grips.
Hello Andyd. Here are a couple of pics of my P232 with the Hogue aluminum grips.

Bottom line is I like them. They remind me of the original plastic P230 grips, just grippier due to the sharper checkering. Probably stronger too.

What I appreciate is they do not add any unnecessary bulk to what is an inherently sleek pistol.

I've had a few range trips now with the grips in place. No issues. Comfortable under recoil and the sharp checkering really helps keeping the gun planted in the hands.

I'm glad I purchased them.

20200821_073042.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of my P232 with the Hogue aluminum grips.
Those look fantastic ! I wouldn't have been able to guess from the pictures that they're not plastic or rubber.

I just might have to order a pair for myself.

·
Super Moderator
7,281 Posts
They look great. They wouldn't work on my manual safety model.
Moon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts