Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which one you use. I have tried all three, and the largest one is definitely a no go since it makes the backstrap feeling odd.

I like the medium as it has a straight back feeling, like that of Sig Sauer. It does make the grip feel very full, but it is just abit bigger than I like.

I do like the smallest insert the best, but the problem is that the curved hump (just above the rollpin) is abit annoying. I dont' know why Walther decided to make the hump the same size as the medium one, they could've just tapered it down so to make the grip more straight back in feeling. WIth the hump in place, not only it makes the grip look odd in appearance, it also arches like a 1911 mainspring housing, only that it's even more pronounced. Anyone else feel this way? I wish there's another grip insert that's between med. and small, or that they just reduce the rear hump in the backstrap.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The smallest is best for me. Use the one you shoot the best and remember; pretty don’t make it work…

·
Registered
158 Posts
Small is also the best for me although I have larger-than-average hands.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I use the medium one. I have tried the others and I actually shot better with the biggest one installed, but it felt really funny to me, so I went back to the medium one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to try the smallest one this weekend. In handling it feels awkward to my palm vs. medium one, but my finger seems to rest on trigger better with the small insert.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Changed mine to the smallest.
Went to the range and was shooting POA/POI without thinking about it.

All rounds went were I wanted

Groups were tight and nice.

Guess I'll leave the smallest grip in place.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I went with the small insert to help concealment. I plan to buy another set of grip inserts, so that I can try altering them with a Dremel tool for any felt improvement.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The smallest on an AS, but medium for the QA. I like the feel of the small, but the medium helps me shoot more accurately on the QA for some reason.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I prefer the small, but the medium is OK

1 - 15 of 15 Posts