Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Holosun 509T on my PDP 4.5" with a C&H adapter plate and considering BUIS for co-witnessing.

Which tritium/luminous type iron sights will work well, for this setup? I would like to keep the BUIS as low as possible, but obviously still usable when needed. Only the front sight needs to be luminous, not the back.

Inputs & opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Below are the two BUIS options I like best for my PDP & 509T combo. I opted to for the Walther product (non-luminescent) as I am concerned about the front sight glow interfering with the red dot. The back sight's edges are also a bit more streamlined, which I prefer.

Walther BUIS for PDP & 509T (non glowing)

C&H Precision BUIS for PDP & 509T (glowing)

Walther does not state the height of their sights.
C&H states their sight height as 0.285" (front & back).

I just need to confirm with Walther how the C&H adapter plate for the 509T will play with their BUIS heights.

Both BUIS systems run at $90, but Walther has a 20% discount until 2 Jan 2022. Discount code: DECEMBER21.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
On the off chance you still haven't decided or not happy I went with night fision website and their optics ready stealth model and absolutely love them with 509t. Very low in the window but not so low that it's any kind of issue. What's even better is that in all my years of buying irons of all shapes and sizes the night fision are the most well made by a Longshot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Old eyes are pushing me to join the optics crowd. Settled on going with the 509t. On Walther's site to claim my 1 free plate they don't list the 509t. Do they have a plate to fit the 509t? Or do you have to order one from C&H?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Old eyes are pushing me to join the optics crowd. Settled on going with the 509t. On Walther's site to claim my 1 free plate they don't list the 509t. Do they have a plate to fit the 509t? Or do you have to order one from C&H?
I bought my plate from C&H - fits and work perfectly. The plates that come with the PDP and/or the 509T are not adequate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is my 509T with Walther BUIS. Works great for me. I like how the back sight's edges are a bit chamfered.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is my 509T with Walther BUIS. Works great for me. I like how the back sight's edges are a bit chamfered.
Can you give us any "heads up" on the installation? right to left looking from the rear? are they held in with the set screw? and are they adjustable? Great Pics BTW!
Thank You, Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can you give us any "heads up" on the installation? right to left looking from the rear? are they held in with the set screw? and are they adjustable? Great Pics BTW!
Thank You, Cheers
Not much that I can say. The front sight is held in place by a screw - I used some Loctite to secure it. Might be a bit difficult to get the screw/bolt out without using the special GLOCK socket/tool, but I managed with my small socket set.

The back sights simply slide in with the help of a sight pushing tool, with no screws/bolts to hold them in place. Dont try and bang them out with a hammer and punches, you are going to damage something. They are non-adjustable and I cant recall if there was a correct side/direction of installation - I simply used the side which seemed to go in easier.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Would you happen to know if the 509t will work with the 409t’s C&H mounting plates? I really want the Vulcan Retical version of the enclosed optic and Im hoping it won't be another $65 for a different plate. Lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts