Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked one up today (itching to shoot it), and was looking for additional mags. Walther shows them as available this Summer. Are there any other places where I can get them?

I have a bunch of 15 round M2 mags. Are there kits to extend those for use with the SF (and mag well)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Thanks for the reference. I had ordered a few base extensions from Walther. I have 7 of the regular PPG M2 mags (which obviously don't fit into the Q5 with mag well), so I can convert some. I'll consider these, when adding more mags to my collection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Taylor Freelance +6 base pads will not fit the PPQ SF with the Walther low-profile magwell that ships with the pro version...you will have to purchase either the Walther larger magwell or the TF Overdrive magwell if you want to run the +6 TF basepads. How do I know this...had to return the TF basepads I just purchased.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Taylor Freelance +6 base pads will not fit the PPQ SF with the Walther low-profile magwell that ships with the pro version...you will have to purchase either the Walther larger magwell or the TF Overdrive magwell if you want to run the +6 TF basepads. How do I know this...had to return the TF basepads I just purchased.
Did the TF basepads hit the magwell before the magazine could latch into the gun? I’ve got low-profile Walther magwell from an SF on my 5” poly and I use Taran Tactical extended basepads with it. They contact the magwell slightly but the magazine always latches fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Basepads hit the magwell well before the magazine could latch. Already ordered the Taran Tactical basepads.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Taylor Freelance +6 base pads will not fit the PPQ SF with the Walther low-profile magwell that ships with the pro version...
Do you mean the Q5 SF or is there a "pro" version of the Q5 SF? (I vaguely recall hearing about there being one with an adjustable trigger).

I have the SF. Is that the low-profile magwell or larger magwell?

For now, I have 3 of the extensions from Walther, and reused the existing M2 mags that I have (ones with springs that were not that good any more).

·
Registered
4 Posts
The PPQ SF does not have an extended magwell...only the PPQ SF Pro. The PPQ Pro version ships with the low profile magwell and +2 magazine pads (offered in the Walther online store.) However, you can certainly purchase the the stock PPQ SF pistol (rather than the pro version as I did ) and then purchase either the low profile or larger magwells. Both of these magwells will work with the +2 extended base pads offered in the online store and can easily be installed.

However, if you purchase the larger +6 basepads offered in the Walther online store or the ones offered by Taylor Freelance...they will not fit in the Walther low profile magwell. These +6 basepads described above will only work with the larger magwells offered by both Walther and Taylor Freelance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The PPQ SF does not have an extended magwell...only the PPQ SF Pro. The PPQ Pro version ships with the low profile magwell and +2 magazine pads (offered in the Walther online store.)
I have the SF (non-pro). It has a magwell (I don't know if it is low profile or not), and comes with three of the +2 mags. I have purchased from Walther, three of the +2 mag extensions and adapted my existing PPQ M2 mags.

However, you can certainly purchase the the stock PPQ SF pistol (rather than the pro version as I did ) and then purchase either the low profile or larger magwells.
I already have a magwell.

Both of these magwells will work with the +2 extended base pads offered in the online store and can easily be installed.

However, if you purchase the larger +6 basepads offered in the Walther online store or the ones offered by Taylor Freelance...they will not fit in the Walther low profile magwell. These +6 basepads described above will only work with the larger magwells offered by both Walther and Taylor Freelance.
From what Taylor Freelance told me, I'd need to buy their magwell, to use the +6 mags that they sell. So, I'd guess that I have the low profile magwell with the Q5 SF. From what you are saying, it sounds like Walther has a larger magwell that would work.

I'm happy with the +2 extensions I have and reusing my M2 mags.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts