Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to get a new or Like new P99 AS in 9mm or .40. What is a good price for one? Got rid of my QA a while back and am wanting a new one but with the AS trigger. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Where is the best place to get a new or Like new P99 AS in 9mm or .40. What is a good price for one? Got rid of my QA a while back and am wanting a new one but with the AS trigger. Thanks.
You've doubtless been checking the usual suspects, such as Gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=84279703

or Gunsamerica:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/97695962...istols/Post-WWII/Large-Frame-Autos/P99_AS.htm

The prices seem to range from $500 to $700, depending on how much additional gear -- from magazines to holsters -- come with the actual firearm as sellers try to sweeten the pot.

And you can always pay a premium and get one through Earl's:

http://www.carlwalther.com/

Sometimes, however, the best bet is to post a notice in the Wanted To Buy section here (or in other similar gun forums) and do a little fishing. I recently picked up a beautiful P99c AS from a forum member and was delighted both with the price I paid and the condition of the gun -- plus, I got a chance to get to know a fellow forum member. Heck of a deal all around. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
If you are still looking for a P99/AS 9mm
call the friendly folks at Impact guns... they don't list the 9mm on their website I think... but we do have a 9mm AS in the store right now....
also two .40/AS's ... one 2004 model with the short mag release and the new version

·
Registered
361 Posts
If I can add my 2 cents here. In my personal dealings with Bud's, I would caution you in your purchasing from this group. I live less than an hour from them and I can honestly say that I have yet to talk to anyone who has had a good experience with them. My own has just been amazement. I have wanted to buy several guns from them, but they apparantly don't want to sell them. I have called 3-4 times. I have emailed more times than I can remember. The retail store does not have any P99's in stock, yet the online groups list the guns for sale but won't answer calls or return calls. If you can get customer service from them, IMHO you should buy a lotto ticket because you are a lucky man. I have heard other friends talk bad about them, but I was taken in by the prices. I would suggest you look elsewhere. I have found a local shop that will order me a P99 AS .40 for $565. I would suggest this route over Bud's as it would be cheaper for you as well. Once again, just my opinion and YMMV and good luck with whatever route you choose.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If I can add my 2 cents here. In my personal dealings with Bud's, I would caution you in your purchasing from this group. I live less than an hour from them and I can honestly say that I have yet to talk to anyone who has had a good experience with them. My own has just been amazement. I have wanted to buy several guns from them, but they apparantly don't want to sell them. I have called 3-4 times. I have emailed more times than I can remember. The retail store does not have any P99's in stock, yet the online groups list the guns for sale but won't answer calls or return calls. If you can get customer service from them, IMHO you should buy a lotto ticket because you are a lucky man. I have heard other friends talk bad about them, but I was taken in by the prices. I would suggest you look elsewhere. I have found a local shop that will order me a P99 AS .40 for $565. I would suggest this route over Bud's as it would be cheaper for you as well. Once again, just my opinion and YMMV and good luck with whatever route you choose.
Good to know. I have never actually bought anything from them, I have just heard about them on another forum I frequent. They seemed to have decent inventory (from what I could tell online) so I was just passing the info along.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You know, it could just be localized, but this is just my experience and relaying some other's experiences. I hate to even post this since they are essentially local and within my state but ...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Bud's would be my first choice. Very reliable and they even offer no interest financing for a period of time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If your in Florida, I just saw a P99 for sale on Craigslist.com, Orlando, sporting goods section Tues. 11/14 for $400. I sent the guy an email, He replied and said less than a year old, less than 100 rounds thru it, with box, papers, back straps, 2 mags and not a mark on it, said it was like brand new and a .40, he didnt say which trigger, but $400. LNIB is a good price. I would have went for it except I have the same one with the AS trigger. I was hoping it was a 9mm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts