Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a PPQ M2 about a year ago.

I got the XS F8 sights, so the gun did not have the rear sight plunger installed.

I want to switch sights now, and I can't find a place that sells the rear sight plunger.

Do any of you know where I can buy the rear sight plunger?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,792 Posts
Charlie, there are only 2 places in they US to obtain Walther parts. Walther Arms in Fort Smith or Earls Repair Service.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I just went through this exercise and had to get it from Earl. $15 for the spring and plunger but he has a $25 minimum.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Why are some people so obsessed with paying crazy prices to this Earl guy when all they have to do is CALL Walther in Arkansas and get their parts straight from the source?

479-242-8500 EXT. 507

"carlwalther.com" is NOT an official Walther page!

·
Premium Member
13,792 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Why are some people so obsessed with paying crazy prices to this Earl guy when all they have to do is CALL Walther in Arkansas and get their parts straight from the source?

479-242-8500 EXT. 507

"carlwalther.com" is NOT an official Walther page!
I did that twice, both times Walther offered to send them for free. Months later they never came.
You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Charlie, if you have the sights requiring the spring and plunger, you don't need the pin (part 10.3).
I just watched a YouTube video where they show the Trijicon HD sights installed on a PPQ M2.

It appears they transferred the windage screw over to the Trijicon sights.

So it appears this is what I need below. Do you guys agree?

8.1 #2627736. Rear sight windage screw

10.1 2441225. Spring for rear sight plunger

10.2. 2627744 Rear sight plunger

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yes if you didn't have the rear sight with the screw you'll need to order that too.

·
Premium Member
13,792 Posts
I just watched a YouTube video where they show the Trijicon HD sights installed on a PPQ M2.

It appears they transferred the windage screw over to the Trijicon sights.

So it appears this is what I need below. Do you guys agree?

8.1 #2627736. Rear sight windage screw

10.1 2441225. Spring for rear sight plunger

10.2. 2627744 Rear sight plunger
Yep, that's what you'd need.

So, if you've never worked with the factory rear sight before, I've got to warn you...if you're not careful, you might just end up ordering another plunger and possibly a spring, as the first set could wind up in the next room, buried in the carpet, or hiding in the cat litter box or maybe on the moon. You need to wear glasses (eye protection) and be careful.

Remove your XS sight...I'm assuming it’s a press fit, so you'll either need to use a press/pusher or the work bench/vise and a hammer and punch.

To install the stock factory sight do the following:

1. Install the windage screw in the factory sight. Keep in mind that the windage screw is a reverse thread....meaning you've got to turn it counterclockwise to screw it in. Screw it in until the head is almost flush with the side of the sight.

2. Install/insert the spring and plunger into the hole in the slide. Ensure the slot in the top of the plunger is oriented front to back....slot being parallel to the slide.

3. Slide the sight in the dovetail from the left. Slide it all the way in until the head of the screw is touching the side of the plunger.

4. Now, the tricky part. The plunger needs to be depressed so you can slide the sight farther to the right until the head of the screw is over and aligned with the slot in the plunger. I use my thumbnail to depress the plunger. So, veeeeery carefully, depressed the plunger, as you're applying pressure on the sight, trying to move it to the right. You'll not be able to see whats happening because your fingers/thumb are blocking your view. You'll just need to know what to 'feel' for. You'll FEEL the sight move to the right.....now remove your thumbnail. At this point I basically grab the sight with my finger and thumb....my thumb blocking the path should the plunger decide to 'blast off' to never never land. While protecting the exit path of the plunger, I gently move the sight a little more right/left until I hear a 'ker-thunk'. Again, carefully remove your thumb and check to see if the head of the screw is captured in the slot or you moved it to much the head of the screw fell down on either side of the plunger....OOPS. If that happened...and it’s on the left side..no biggie, just start over again. If the head of the screw happens to plop down on the right side of the plunger ears, you're kinda screwed. You'll need to unscrew the screw .. completely remove the screw, NOW you can push the sight back out to the left, reinstall screw and try again.

I've done this so many times, I can do in blind folded. It’s easy, once you understand the process.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OMG, Imaoldfart, I've just spent about an hour taking the rear sight screw off/on, thinking the threads needed to be on the plunger. Never occurred to me it is the HEAD of the screw that fits into the slot of the plunger! DUH. Once I read your explanation above it took about one minute. I used a tiny eyeglass screwdriver to depress the plunger; that way I could see what I was doing. Thanks a bunch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts