Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m interested in purchasing a new black PPK. After years of wanting one, I’ve finally allowed myself to spend money on myself. Anyone have any suggestions on where to buy online? I imagine I’ve picked a bad time to buy one with a lot of firearms being difficult to find. The James Bond movie probably doesn’t help either. Or are they normally difficult to come by? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Here is a place to start.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’m interested in purchasing a new black PPK. After years of wanting one, I’ve finally allowed myself to spend money on myself. Anyone have any suggestions on where to buy online? I imagine I’ve picked a bad time to buy one with a lot of firearms being difficult to find. The James Bond movie probably doesn’t help either. Or are they normally difficult to come by? Thanks in advance.
I have one on order since Oct. 2020. My LGS says only stainless is available, does not know when Walther will start putting out the black. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I too have been looking for a black FT Smith PPK in 380.

New production black PPKs haven't been around for well over a year. Last time I saw one on a shelf was about mid/late 2019 IIRC.

A search by the MPN shows zero available for sale by any listed retailer.

About 6 months ago PPK/S in stainless started showing up in stores. A couple months ago the stainless PPK started hitting stores again.

It's my hope that Walther will start a run of the black PPK/S and PPK will begin to show up in the next 3-6 months. I don't have a source, just complete speculation and 'hope'.

The black PPK/S in 22LR is available. There are a few online and I recently saw one at a local dealer. Unfortunately the fit and finish on these is really quite poor compared to the their centerfire counterparts. Might be a fun plinker but certainly doesn't ooze the same class and quality as a Ft Smith PPK in 380.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Like you I had been after a Walther PPK/S but for sometime and yes I also wanted to spend $ on myself for a change.

Luckily I had purchased my Ft. Smith AK made PPK/S .380 ACP in black right before the shit hit the fan, related to all the rush and panic buying on firearms and ammo, etc. due to the COVID situation that our world has been dealing with, back in early 2020 ( FEB. ) when all this crap went full throttle.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, when I purchased mine, I paid right over $450.

Good Luck on your quest and if you can be patient as javajev stated you'll find one at a reasonable price.

Just keep in mind...remember buy "EXACTLY" what you actually want and have been looking for with your hard earned $$$.

Luggage and bags Musical instrument accessory Sleeve String instrument accessory Bag

1 - 8 of 8 Posts