Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a German made .32 ppk, Earl's price is a bit high and gunbroker.com does not seem to have any that are not wartime issue.......any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Best thing is patience and luck! After years of looking I finally found one at my favortie gun store. Made in 1968 and in almost mint condition.

You might also check out www.gunsamerica.com

Good luck

·
Registered
232 Posts
Try gunsamerica.com they have alot of walthers on this site. German ppk (s) are very hard to locate because they havn't imported them since 1968. There out there but you have to look hard for a clean one. The American ppk in 32 is not a bad gun but, it's not german though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 1968 German PPK (in 32 ACP) I would sell for $425 + 30 for shipping. The slide has been refinished due some minor pitting (prior to my ownership), frame looks like factory finish. Serial numbers match on frame and slide (except for R suffix on frame, can find no reference to this suffix anywhere). Functions great, comes with two mags.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The frame appears to be a factory blue, while the slide appears to be parkerized. You can just make out the pitting I mentioned on the slide.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
explain this parkerized finish.......looks sort of grey to me. is it possible, if taken to a smith, to have this completely refinished and reblued?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (David S @ Feb. 14 2003,10:39)]explain this parkerized finish.......looks sort of grey to me. is it possible, if taken to a smith, to have this completely refinished and reblued?
It is possible, but because the Parkerizing process etches he metal and depth or penetration is dependent upon how long the piece is left in the solution, the etching process may be too deep to polish it out without destroying the roll marks and proofs. Or significantly lightening them.

Either way, you will be able to tell it is a re-blue which is OK if all you want is a shooter or carry gun. It's collector value has already been destroyed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts