Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indoor, outdoor? public or private clubs? what does your range charge? If anyone says they have there own private indoor range they'll have to invite us all for annual shootouts!Thanks, Rogelk

·
Registered
471 Posts
Outdoors, on my own private property. It’s great, I can just step out my back door and shoot at a gong 180 yards off… Sure helps with trigger control!
I have shot indoors at some nice ranges, punching holes in paper, and that's a blast too. I just have to drive a long ways to do it now, and pay money for the privilege… Now, I don’t drive anywhere and pay taxes…

Nocturnal, followed your link on Los Gatos Rod and Gun Club. Looks nice. When I was in High School, many moons ago, I used to belong to the South Coast Gun Club in Orange County Kalifornia. Learned a lot there. Spent almost every Saturday shooting… Hmmm, come to think about, I still do…

·
Registered
539 Posts
Damn Hal, very nice to have your own range. My dad had an small indoor range in his previous house that we used for CO2 guns. Learned a lot about trigger control there there too. Single handed shooting only! I'd love to have property that's large enough for a range but current needs indicate suburbia for me

·
Registered
471 Posts
One of the nice things about going to a range is meeting people that share your hobby. Most of the time, I shoot alone... That's OK too, but it's nice to be able to do both... Both have advantages...

·
Registered
539 Posts
True but I've seen some people at the range I'd rather keep my distance from. The other day this guy was dragging himself out of the shooting pit with a backpack that had an MP5 barrel sticking out of it. Pointed just about at the ground, as if it was going to fall out at any minute. Great! Thankfully a range safety guy got on his case pretty quickly. Or when you have a whole family of laughing giggling joking young adults show up at the range for some 'shooting entertainment'. I was glad I had just signed out.

On the other hand when I felt someone let go of a few rounds of his M38 I knew I had to have one. Damn that overpowered everything on the range

·
Registered
6 Posts
Private outdoor range in 'The Peoples Republik of Maryland'.
200 yd. rifle / pistol range  (20 position)
50 yd. dedicated pistol range (5 position)
Trap Range
Sporting Clays Range
3-D Archery range (Walk-thru)
40 yd. Archery range (Hay Bales/Excelsior Bales)

We also own a building that houses a 25 yd. indoor pistol range, up to including .44 mag.  NO rifles in indoor range.
(10 position)

Club is celebrating it's 35th year in 2005!!!

Competitions include:
IPSC / USPSA
NRA High Power
IHMSA Silhouette
NRA Hunter Pistol
Indoor pistol league (.22s)
3-D Archery competition
Trap  (Open to the public on Sundays)
Sporting Clays  (Open to the public on Sundays)
Cowboy Action Shooting

Dues 25 years ago - $48.00 / year.
Now. . . . $100.00 / year.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Out back of my house. Actually shot today in the snow. went thru 40 rounds and fingers got numb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts