Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I just sold my CZ 75B and was considering an HK 2000 because I'm left handed and I like ambi-controls. Then I saw that new P99 QAs have ambi controls also. I specifically want a P99 QA with the extended ambidextrous slide-stops. Do you know any stores that carry them?

Thanks,
DJ

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm a lefty myself, and mine dosen't have the ambi slide release. Really dosen't matter. I ususally just pull the slide back and let it go to release after reloading. Makes the first round headspace more consistantly with the rest of the magazine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Toeball, I agree with you. I just pull back the slide as well. But if the ambidextrous version of the P99QA is out there, I might as well get one. I just can't seem to find one.

DJ

·
Registered
20 Posts
Smith&Wesson aka Walther America only makes it in th QA model Call them to see where you can purchase 1-800-372-6454 or e-mail them @ www.waltheramerica.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called Sportsman Warehouse in Phoenix, as well as Walther America, to no avail. No one knows how/where to get an ambi P99QA.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
DJ

·
Registered
189 Posts
Let's try Walther in Germany....

Click HERE

And then select the "Walther general catalog 2004 english" (PDF)

Inside that PDF on page 7 is the part number for a P99QA w/ambi slide stop.

P99 QA
266 28 33 double-sided slide stop cal. 9 mm
Law enforcement design. With steel rear sight
and ambidextrous slide stop

(I see no listing for the .40 S&W version in the ambi QA config on that page, if you were looking for that caliber...if so, that leaves the DAO model on page 9 that has the ambi slide stop AND .40 cal...but it's DAO.)

The next trick is to see if S&W will/does/can import that model (2662833) from Germany (which they apparently do since DTQ saw one.) If S&W will not, that would pretty much leave you with shopping at Earl's... and you better bring 2 or 3 wallets with you if you have to go that route.

DTQ, what you saw was the ambi slide stop and not the "newer" elongated ambi mag release, right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jake Starr, looks like you might be right. It's impossible to find this model of P99QA. Nobody's even heard of it.

DTQ, at which Sportsman's Warhouse did you see it?

DJ

·
Registered
51 Posts
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the ambi-release version was developed for a set of service pistol trials in Germany. Walther lost and the ambi-release was never implemented--at least on any that were imported into the US. Call Earl's Repair and ask Earl. If anyone knows, it would be him.

ciadst

·
Registered
232 Posts
Actually, I noticed that I can easily drop the slide left handed while holding the gun one handed naturally gripping it. I just brush my tigger finger down the side of the slide and the back part pushes down on the drop.

·
Registered
93 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Left Coast DJ @ Nov. 19 2005,14:14)]Jake Starr, looks like you might be right. It's impossible to find this model of P99QA.  Nobody's even heard of it.

DJ
At the Albuquerque N.M. Sportsman's Warehouse. I handled it and considered buying it. It was a 9mm QA ambi-slide release with short mag release levers. I am certain, I remember it clearly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a P99c AS with ambi slide release that I purchased from a dealer who bought the demos that Smith & Wesson was using. Never saw another or I would get it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Left Coast DJ @ Nov. 19 2005,14:14)]Jake Starr, looks like you might be right. It's impossible to find this model of P99QA.  Nobody's even heard of it.

DJ
try the one on I-17 and Yorkshire... they have a few P99's

·
Registered
51 Posts
Drat! I got my righty version P99c from Davidson's and at the time they claimed not to have any of the ambi-versions. I doubt that the ambi-versions where obtained after I called, since they said that they had bought the last batch available in the US. Hmmm. Maybe they somehow got hold of a second 2005 shipment. I'm ambidextrous, so I may make another purchase...The P99c is THAT good.

ciadst

1 - 17 of 17 Posts