Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I love in the Dayton, Ohio area and have been looking to buy a new PPK in blued finish. They seem to be impossible to find. I've looked on Gun broker, Bud's, and other sites with no luck. I've read they are in production, but where are the sending them to? I did get an Interarms PPK/S and love it, but I want a PPK. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
It would appear that only the PPK/S in stainless steel is in production at this time. Only a few are trickling out into the market but, they are supposed to officially start shipping at the end of March, so they say. Blued PPK/S' are supposed to come later and the PPK even later yet.

Best bet is to keep checking the auction sites as they have used PPK up for auction quite often.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Buy a vintage Interarms or Ulm or pre-war PPK and be happy. Let somebody else be the guinea pig for Ft. Smith. YMMV

·
Super Moderator
7,434 Posts
Same advice as given locally in the search for 'ramps' (a kind of cross between garlic and wild onions), "know where to look, and keep looking".
For the OP, I wouldn't be excessively tangled in the notion of a 'brand new' gun. There are quality older ones available.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,434 Posts
And it won't be the bright, polished blue of yore, but rather a black nitrizing process. The good news is it won't get any uglier with use.
Moon

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ugh. So not “blue” but “black” then?
*sigh*

·
Registered
74 Posts
Get a nice early to mid 1960s one marked Walther Ulm/Do. I find the bluing and build quality much nicer on these than the new Ft Smith ones. I’ve had a Ft Smith blued PPK/S in .22 and I’ve seen their stainless finish. The Ft Smith bluing is actually black paint. I prefer the old PPK and PP Models to be chambered in .32 rather than .380 as the .32 is much more pleasant to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts