Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a stupid James Bond Xbox game. His 16 round P99 shoots in the game just like it does in person. I can shoot the P99 (in the game) as fast as any fully automatic with better control... Sound familiar?

Once I got my hands on the real deal, I was gone man! Dang if my shooting didn't emulate the game...

Bond... *place music here*

James Bond!

·
Registered
66 Posts
It was because of James Bond, but it also was the aesthetics of the P99!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I didn't know till after the fact that Bond switched from his PPK to the P99......
For me it was Walther.... I grew up in Germany close to the Ulm plant... and while living in Germany I always wanted one... so here I am in the US and I started looking into handguns... I decided that the first gun had to be a Walther, looked around found the P99 and been hooked on shooting ever since....
yea I am a newbie to the gunworld... but I think I learned alot in less than 5 months.....
and now I have 7 handguns (6 Walther's) and 1 rifle.... and I don't see a end to it pretty soon.....
I got my sight on a few more Walther's, Beretta (Cx4,Px4) some H&K's (rifle and pistol) and at least 2 shotguns

But I know one thing for sure.... the P99 and the P5 will always have a special spot....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I started out with a PPK, then another, then another, then a P88 (which is still my favorite Walther) then I saw Walther announce the P99 at the Shot Show back in 1995, I think, and I knew I would get one. I held out for the .40 before I ever picked up a 9mm P99. I've had about 10 P99's over the years, but now I'm just down to 4. I've taken more of an interest in rifles and 10mm handguns, so the P99's went to get the other stuff. I'll never get rid of my P88 though!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I started with Ruger .22's and Smith and Wesson .38 revolvers as a kid with my dad. I fell outta guns for awhile, but this past year I started again and am crazy about guns. I first saw the P99 in the anime CowBoy Bebop (Jet Black's gun.) My friend and I agreed we'd get guns together, as he always enjoyed shooting as well. He thought he'd be after the P99, but he fell in love with a Glock 21. I bought a Walther P99 Crosman airsoft gun just for shits and giggles, and immediately fell in love with the grip, even on this cheap plastic gun.

Went to the shops and tried the SW99's, as no P99's were around. With the real weight in my hand, I knew how perfect the grip was for my weird hands. I had fired Glock's (19, 36, 21), Ruger 9mm's, and the CZ 75, but none of them had nearly the perfect grip as the P99. That's what did it for me. The grip. (Although I must admit the CZ was a fine weapon)

I was actually deadset on the Springfield XD 9mm before I found out about Walther. I'm glad I did more research. Walther it shall be!

I can't take the wait for this permit and finding a new P99. I've gotta have it in my hands by early June or I'll crack, haha

·
Registered
108 Posts
Two years ago I decided to buy my first pistol and narrowed it down to the Glock 19, Springfield XD and the P99 after looking at the many high cap 9mm available. The Walther had the best feel of the 3 and is much better looking, too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
4 or 5 years ago I got to try a friend's P99 at the range. After shopping around and not finding anything with a more comfortable grip that's what I ended up getting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In 1970, on my 21st birthday when I bought my first pistol, a used P38.  Felt like it was an extension of my mind, plinking a can one shot after another.

EddieZ
Austin, TX

·
Registered
41 Posts
Last December I tried a friend's P99 .40. I loved the ergonomic grip, easy slide release and decocker, and the overall look. Two weeks later I bought my own P99 9mm (my first handgun) and started studying all things pistol. Now I have two as well as a couple of carbines, a .243 rifle and a shotgun. Walther started it all.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Every time I shoot any other pistol, I find myself trying to decock and eject the mag via the P99's methods...
The P99 is just flat natural to me!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
The only other pistol that comes close in form and function of the P99/AS is the H&K P2000..... I know the grip isn't in the same league but the decocker is sure a sweet thing on that P2000....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts