Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I clean my P5 (I clean/oil/lubricate it once every two weeks whether it is fired during that time or not), I always field strip it and concentrate on oiling/lubricating and Strike Hold-ing the frame assembly, barrel and slide.  Do I need to completely disassemble the P5 every now and then when I clean it to make sure I get everything inside?

If so, how often when I clean it, should I disassemble it entirely instead of just field stripping it?

I have never disassembled a gun entirely.  Should I avoid doing this until I know better how it is done properly?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
The most I do on my P5 is take off the grips and clean off the springs and other things I can reach with Hoppes No9
I also use that to clean the slide and barrel.... then I use some gunoil on the inside of the barrel and Miltec1 for the inside of the slide and outside barrel.....

No oil on the springs though... it just attracts the dirt

·
Registered
174 Posts
For about 5 years I have cleaned my P5C only field stripping it. Once in a while I take off the grips and do a "deep cleaning" blasting it with "Gun Scrubber" until I see the liquid falling clean and after that another blasting with "Break Free CLP". I apply some "Ultima Lube" on the rails and locking lugs, reassembled and I'm done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts